Critique More critters oop close

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Oh man you have some wonderful looking species over there. That jumper looks amazing and I like the fact you found the other in different flower heads. I keep looking for crab spiders in flowers, but haven't seen one yet.

Composition wise, I think the beetle wins it for me (and because the bug is larger in frame). It's not as sharp as it could be though, I note you shot at 1/160 which should have overcome any camera shake (at 75mm) so did a breeze hit it at the wrong moment?

I like Timmy have yet to see the crab in a flower so mega jealous of that find.

But you have done well to find so many bugs on flowers, I missed the week of great weather here typical. But as soon as that sun comes out again I'm off to the woods.

Wow thanks Timmy et Bryn, yes so many different types of insects here. I think I might have kept the camera on auto most of the time just so I didn't have to play with the settings so much but I did have a mf lens on at one point. Soon I hope I'll get the prey mantis and cigale.
Thanks again for your support (y)

Id love to get a mantis! I keep an eye out when I'm in Spain, but haven't come across one yet. Happy hunting!

Back