More doubles!

Love these. Number 1 for me.

Thanks. Looking back on it (no. 1), there's quite a few 'flubs' that I'll make sure to fix for next time... Looking forward to having my model back home so I can try again! :)

No1: Although interesting not very interesting at the same time. Still the technique is spot on just needs a different idea I think!!!

No2: Great idea, again, but very underexposed for me.

Vantage said:
No1: Although interesting not very interesting at the same time. Still the technique is spot on just needs a different idea I think!!!

No2: Great idea, again, but very underexposed for me.

Cheers for the feedback :)

Love No2 because its totally different from the norm for this kinda shot.

No2 for me too - although as said it is slightly under exposed, an easy fix in PP- I also note the bottom left hand box does not line up

Les (y)

Thanks.. yea, I know it's underexposed, I've just not gotten around to fixing it.... That's something I shall have to remedy... :)

No. 2 is very good - I like how you've got the boy looking down from the top-left and looking up from the bottom row.

try to get her to interact with herself like kissing, shaking hands or dancing. there must be many more ideas.
use your imagination!!

Thanks! Good ideas there... She'll be here next Tuesday (she lives with the evil ex in Canada) so we'll have another bash at it! :)

Ok, so I upped the exposure... but I don't have the raw files anymore and had to use the pieced together image, so it's not ideal... but probably a wee bit better... bit burnt out in places, so I'm thinking I'm going to have another crack at this over the next couple weeks! Except this time I'm going to Ikea. They have this open ended box (I think it's actually supposed to be some sort of side table) and up against a Hilite might work better...

first attempt +exp by BethBotterill, on Flickr

No2 also for me, but both are excellently processed. Really like this idea but i think if i have a go at this i might get the subject to change their clothing for each shot

your images inspired me to have a go, so i thought i little about it and tried to create a scene. The pic with the lady who looks like she's talking to herself, i thought i might expand in a comical way. Please forgive the processing, im going to do another version if the idea itself is liked :)

Hayley_Multiplicity.jpg

So here we have hayley, a young colleague of mine in the office. Ive got her working with her back to the camera on a PC, then another version is about to back-hand her across the head lol, and the other two are laughing?

Do you think Im onto something, if a "story" could be told with this technique?

Carlh said:
your images inspired me to have a go, so i thought i little about it and tried to create a scene. The pic with the lady who looks like she's talking to herself, i thought i might expand in a comical way. Please forgive the processing, im going to do another version if the idea itself is liked :)

So here we have hayley, a young colleague of mine in the office. Ive got her working with her back to the camera on a PC, then another version is about to back-hand her across the head lol, and the other two are laughing?

Do you think Im onto something, if a "story" could be told with this technique?

Ha ha... Good start! Little work on the processing though, and perhaps a little more interaction between them all? The possibilities are endless! :)

Loving the 'boxes' one - good job theres hardly any distortion on that lens!

aeronic said:
Loving the 'boxes' one - good job theres hardly any distortion on that lens!

Thanks very much! :)

MWHCVT said:
The second version of the second is is great (y) with the exposure fixed (y) I'll be honest the first one is not really doing anything for me :(

Matt
MWHCVT

Hey Matt, thanks for the feedback. No probs about the first one... Tbh, it is lacking, but it was my first attempt at something like that and was just wanting to try it... I've got plans for something a bit more interesting for my next one... ;)

Thats great. How did you do the first? Is there a certain keyword I do a search on for a tutorial ? Thanks :)

I don't do much with Photoshop or any PP really, would really like to know how you did this and the boxes one too. Thanks

I don't do much with Photoshop or any PP really, would really like to know how you did this and the boxes one too. Thanks

John, search for multiplicity on youtube, theres an excellent tutorial on it, but you will need to be able to stack photos, photoshop does it, aint too sure about any other packages, but i think GIMP (which is free) will allow you to do it.

Its just multiple photos (use a tripod) of a subject doing whatever you want, one frame at a time then using some layering and erasing, makes these crazy pics.

so thanks beth for introducing me to multiplicity :)

John, search for multiplicity on youtube, theres an excellent tutorial on it, but you will need to be able to stack photos, photoshop does it, aint too sure about any other packages, but i think GIMP (which is free) will allow you to do it.

Its just multiple photos (use a tripod) of a subject doing whatever you want, one frame at a time then using some layering and erasing, makes these crazy pics.

so thanks beth for introducing me to multiplicity :)

Correct, it's all about stacking and masking... The day did it, I was mindful of clouds and the weather conditions as I needed to make sure that every pic was taken with the relatively same exposure, although a few of them I did need to tweak. It was a lot of fun, and we're going to try it again this summer, using a few different ideas that have been thrown around. Maybe we should have a challenge? ;)

that would be great ! could have a really goo dthread from that Beth - you start it off :D

btw, have you been reading the guy with the Wall-E 365 pics? I wonder if he would join in and multiplicity wall-e ..........

Carlh said:
that would be great ! could have a really goo dthread from that Beth - you start it off :D

btw, have you been reading the guy with the Wall-E 365 pics? I wonder if he would join in and multiplicity wall-e ..........

Heading to ikea today for a new box for the box setup! Whoop whoop! :)

Back