More from Saumur.

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Cheers sheep! Nope, they're not light trails. That's 'zooming'. Moving the focus on the zoom lens either back or forth during the exposure to create the 'trails'.

1st and 2nd ones are my faves, they bring back happy memories of spending time in the region, we have friends who live just outside Angers, we never seem to have the time to get over these days:bang:

Beautiful shots(y)

number 1 is great!

Lovely photos! I like the effect in the third photo. you must have a steady hand to zoom in like that.

Thanks a million guys. I'm lucky to have such great subject matter on the doorstep! Number 3 was the best of three attempts at the shot. Not for focus, but for composition. The steady hand thing, yeah! :LOL: But, I have a decent tripod, and fired the shutter on the remote, so you kind of know when the mirror's going up. Then do the zoom! Tricky, but worth it if the shot comes off.

Thanks again for all the comments. A question though, does anyone think that number 2 is 'spoiled' somehow by the cloudscape being semi blown out? I like it, think it adds to the shot, but I've been criticised for it elsewhere.

EDIT: Inaglo, sorry about the oversized images, I hadn't realised. Will try harder next time.

The second one for me also, the composition and colours are very nice. :)

Back