more from the abbey

Name
AndyT
Edit My Images
Yes
just got some new hosting, so hope these work

#1 - distant view, touch of HDR, looks a little wonky - but i blame the flimsy tripod
abbey_reflected.jpg

#2 - another distant view, again touch of HDR
abbey_from_annes_seat.jpg

#3 - the nave
abbey_nave.jpg

#4 - the refrectory (i think)
DSC_0379And8More_tonemapped.jpg

#5 - the lake
abbey_lake_island.jpg

#6 - tree - shame about all the 'muck' on the water
reflected_tree.jpg

all C+C welcome, hope you enjoy

All excellent tones and colours. especially like 1,2,5 & 6.:clap:
have you tried to correct the verticals in some of the others, because they could be really good without the lean(y)

Great colours in the skies! To me though they all seem a touch soft, and 1, 3 & 4 I think could do with a slight straighten. Some nice compositions there too (y)

thanks for the comments; if they are soft (and you are probably right), most shutter speeds were ok, especially as almost all shots were from a tripod, i used auto focus, which i think all day was at infinity anyway, what else could i do to sharpen them at source
the only PP i have done is the HDR - although that may have softened them as i noticed a minute amount of movement on some - these are the better ones that i didnt think displayed that effect..
i agree on the straightening - i blame the tripod ... what is it they say about bad workmen :D

Sturdy tripod, remote shutter release (or timer, but that won't be practicle if you're trying to get a quick burst), mirror-lock-up. And avoid movement of the camera between shots!

Having suggested that, I use none of those (I have a flimsy tripod ;)) :p I just try to be as careful as possible when shooting the burst.

In PP, the very last thing I do is apply some USM to the lightness channel, in steps. I think I got the technique from CT, or something that he linked to.

looks like i am investing a remote shutter before the next trip out :)
the big tripod will have to wait till christmas

Back