More Hazy Rocks

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't know if you remember my recent "misty rocks" photos a couple of months back? Well, here's another lot taken last night at around 8.45 pm.
While there are better efforts at this kind of thing in this fine web site and it is a tried & tested theme, I like to think of this collection as an "improvement" on my previous attempt. :)

Location: East Cliff Sand / Folkestone Harbour. Exposure timings varied from 20 seconds in the first photo to 4 seconds in the third photo. Absolutely no processing or alterations had been carried out on all three pictures, apart from a slight crop and the usual resize and sharpen for interweb use.

1)

MistyrocksAug091.jpg

2)

MistyrocksAug092.jpg

3)

MistyrocksAug093.jpg

I wouldn't mind a better-looking background such as a hill, island or a colourful sunset for this type of thing but to get those I'd have to travel further out. This location is only literally a stone's throw from my home (a two minutes walk).

Ian - these are lovely shots indeed. As Donna so aptly says they have an ethereal and mysterious quality about them.

Very nice indeed :clap::clap:

Lovely Ian, I have a particular liking for the 2nd one although the 1st is very nearly as good.

Andy

Thanks for all the positive comments, everyone! :) (y) I've certainly enjoyed taking them as it was dead quiet down on the beach at that time . . . well, apart from students turning up with disposable barbecues. :puke: :D

My favourite is no 1 - very calming and would look superb printed on a canvas.

Only wish I lived somewhere near a location to be able to take these fantastic shots.

Thanks

ps Is that a dust bunny in the first shot? - left hand side towards the top

Back