More kit advice please : Bags

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks,

Some of you might have seen my posts about my recent foray into the world of photography and I thank those that offered up some advice.

Well I'm about to order a Tarmon 90mm Macro lens and am now looking at a bag to store all this stuff in. I have read a few of the writeups on here, and look around a few websites but I don't wanna take the plunge and get something eithere too big or too small. Most of the sites say the bags I'm looking at can fit a bady + 70-200 mm lens + 2-3 other lenses.

Now at the moment I have a:

Nikon D60
Nikkor 18-55mm
Nikkor 70-300mm AF-S VR
Tamron 90mm Macro (soon)

I don't want anything too big, smaller the better and ideally a backpack style. How good are the mono-strap backpack that swing round to allow camera access?

Cheers again.
Jon.

Go for a lowepro aw mini trekker dude.
Will hold all your kit and it's not too big.

What would be ideal is that camera bag manufacturers and retailers produce pictures of their bags being worn by someone (y), otherwise, buying a bag ( if there are no local stockists) is a nightmare. I have bought 6 or 7 and sold them again because they werent what I expected, even though some were from suggestions by other users.
But, if you want a shoulder bag that doesnt look like a camera bag, take a look at a Crumpler Muffin top 7500.
It doesnt look that big but will hold the equipment you listed. I have a D300, Nikons 17-55 f2.8, 70-300 vr and a Tamron AF SP90 in mine, plus a couple of batteries, Mars bar, Phottix remote and filters.
Allan

I use a lowepro slingshot bag, and I think it's great - really easy to access, to the extent that unless I'm constantly snapping, I will often put the camera back in the bag while sightseeing! In terms of sizes, best bet is to stroll into jessops/jacobs/etc where you can try 'em on, and see the size!

We have a Jessops but it the size of a postage stamp and I don't think there are an Jacobs in Hull.

Thanks for the suggestions. Good thing is most back should look reasonable small on me being 6'5" and a little tubby :D

I liked the look of the Slingshot so ordered one up (200 model) along with the Tamron lens.

Now I'm skint so filters will have to wait for a month or two....

I also got the LowPro slingshot 200 aw and find it's great

for all my kit, easy access and storage

handy for the bike too (y)

TT

Back