More Liverpool street photography

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Went for a bit of a wander into Liverpool yesterday to just get some random people shots (yes, I was skiving :LOL:) Not as successful as last time but I thought these two were ok.

C&C welcome & appreciated as usual (y)

1. Think they may have spotted me :LOL:

Liverpool_street_02.jpg

Liverpool_street_03.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

I like the eye contact in #1.
Nice processing too. (y)

Nice pairing Mike. Eye contact works on number one very well.

Went to a talk by Martin Figura (www.martinfigura.org.uk) yesterday and he was showing (amongst other things) his latest street photography from New York (it's under news on his website). He was using a Canon IXUS held low and reckons he could catch a lot more interesting stuff with a smaller camera.

Nice pairing Mike. Eye contact works on number one very well.

Went to a talk by Martin Figura (www.martinfigura.org.uk) yesterday and he was showing (amongst other things) his latest street photography from New York (it's under news on his website). He was using a Canon IXUS held low and reckons he could catch a lot more interesting stuff with a smaller camera.

I have to agree with that. I really want a small compact like a Ricoh GR100 or Canon G9 or Panasonic LX2. Small, black and hardly noticeble compared to a 30D + 24-70.

I think I prefer the 2nd image more because it has a bit more of a story to it. Shame about the guys on the right hand side though.

Pish. Bold Street is my favourite place for street photography. Its fine :)

Nice shots again Mike, wish I had the guts to try this out. Personally I think I'd have gone for a tighter shot in each, but once again I think the processing really suits the images (y)

Thats it, next time I am oop north, I am going out for a days skiving with Mike [whether he likes it or not] :LOL:

(y) Liking the first with eye contact a lot, but there is something about the second shot that really grabs me, I want to share the joke they seem to be sharing.

(y) Liking the first with eye contact a lot, but there is something about the second shot that really grabs me, I want to share the joke they seem to be sharing.

Thats exactly what I felt about the 2nd and why I prefer it. The first is technically better, but the 2nd is a better street photo. Street photography is meant to be about life on the street, capturing those moments. The first is a nice shot but the photographer caused it. I think the best street photography is capturing those moments like the photographer wasn't there.

Thats it, next time I am oop north, I am going out for a days skiving with Mike [whether he likes it or not] :LOL:

*lol* Yvonne, I'll look forward to that (y)
I'll be coming to see you too when I'm next visiting "in the back of my mind" (although I've heard it's a bit of a wacky place so I'd best be careful :LOL:)

Thats exactly what I felt about the 2nd and why I prefer it. The first is technically better, but the 2nd is a better street photo. Street photography is meant to be about life on the street, capturing those moments. The first is a nice shot but the photographer caused it. I think the best street photography is capturing those moments like the photographer wasn't there.

Cheers again for the feedback Pete (y)

Hi there.
Your ability to capture images are absoloutly first class. Fantastic, Please keep up the great work and post more.
Thank you.

Back