Edit My Images
No
A couple more from me.

5399001602_efed0a0a20_b.jpg
[/url] Film Portrait by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

5398449481_934345f4af_b.jpg
[/url] Film Portrait by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mart

Both where done with 600w head in a strip box camera left and a reflector camera right.

Cheers,
Mart

Ooo, tidy

These appear to show more intent than your last ones.
She poses nice, with expression.
The 1st one looks a bit shallow, the 2nd might be the same dof I dunno, but it doesn't show as much.
Nice photos all the same (y)

Excellent. 2nd one does appear to have more depth, maybe because the eyes are looking down not up.

Andy

Thanks for the comments, both shot at f8 so the DOF will be similar. Just need to get a load more done now :)

Mart

Like the angle and pose and the tones are nicely balanced although the whites are just this side of being hot.

My biggest niggle is her right shoulder, the triangle of flesh in the bottom left corner keeps pulling my eyes away from the subject (more so in the first than second).

But I like where you are going, we don't see enough of these aggressive, challenging portraits.

Mart, technically these are excellent, but personally I just don't like your positioning. That "up the nose" look isn't flattering at all, and whilst I love the creamy texture your images have, I feel that they're let down by your viewpoint being too low.

Steve

Thanks for the comments. I do love it when my pics polarise the opinions and critique. Just goes to show you cant please all of the people all of the time.
Will have more portraits soon.
Cheers,
Mart

Back