More of the P51Ds

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Its late and I cant sleep, so had another play around with another shot

DSC_0342-1.jpg

As always cc is greatly recieved ......good or bad, it only makes me take a better shot next time(y)

I really like the composition but not sure about the B&W. It looses the impact of the Mustangs awesome paintjob :)

Andy

I was trying to reproduce the same kind of photo you would see during WWII in the first one so any ideas?

not sure, i'm useless at PP :bang: maybe some kind of sepia tone? but thats me clutching at straws..........

Really like the shot.

If you're after a WWII effect how about sepia with some added noise or crackles. Somehow you're image is too good to look old if that makes sense.

You could perhaps go for that 'coloured in' effect where they produce a colour shot from a black and white like the old postcards and films.

Hope I'm allowed to post a link - You may get some ideas here....

http://www.ww2incolor.com/us-air-force/Capture_13.html

Last edited:
Now I don't take pictures of planes, I take them of people but I have been dying to have a go at a pic like this for a while. This is a great shot so seeing as you wanted an "old type " image, I had a bash with it like this. I will happily remove this if you wish, just let me know.

86223721.jpg

I just love the P51D..

Last edited:
hi dangermouse,
the p51ds had a smashing paint job,and your framing spot on,but pity the sky was greyed out .
A deep blue nevada style sky would have been a real cracker of a shot.

Back