More puppy shots: trial of dark background this time

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Some may have seen the shots I recently submitted here of our two new King Charles Cavaliers - all done with a white background. This evening Jen suggested to me that I have a go at some shots with the black backcloth and my new FL-50.

We lost our beloved Jessie earlier this year (before I took up togging) but we have also had another KC for 11 years. She's a lovely old lady, has diabetes and needs injecting twice a day, but she's gorgeous - her name is Belle. I tried to clone out the cataracts in her eyes - probably not very well.

As ever ladies and gents... comments and feedback appreciated please, many thanks.

1 - Rosie

p30142025.jpg

2 - Bell (she is diabetic and blind, and a lovely old lady)

p453884941.jpg

Pretty good, 2nd a little over-exp though - pity about the folds chopping their toes off

I think the first one would look great without the ball, have you got one like that?

Not thought of shooting dogs on black, certainly makes the colours leap out at you doesn't it

Thanks for the feedback Dave; your expertise and considerable experience showing through there. I would have no idea that the 2nd shot was over-exposed!

Unfortunately I don't have one of Rosie without the ball, but I do have some more - the one with the trainer I found funny!!

p184323978.jpg

p382856916.jpg

Back