More Satisfied customers

Edit My Images
Yes
blue-100.jpg

Blue tit having made it's selection
feeder-100.jpg

Goldfinch - the messy eater with a great tit as company.

With the poor light f2.8 really shows up the shallow depth of field
gold-100.jpg

Much cropped to show the difference of about 1cm from eye to tip of beak and feathers on the body. Sigma f2.8 at 200mm 1/200th iso400 fill flash

#1 looks a bit like a oil painting but as photos #1 and 3 look oof and very noisy to me :shrug:

I think it is having to use 1/200th and not the 1/400th with the low light so with the wind swinging the feeders it was fun trying to focus - I a sure a bue tt was a trapeze artist on a fat ball feeder that moved over about a three foot arc in the winds today.

What resolution are these crops at, somewhat above 100%?

The second is about 70% of the frame so that gives an idea of how much 1 and 3 are cropped.

#1 looks like it is out of focus really and noisy, #2 would have worked better imo if you had either concentrated on one bird or gave yourself some more dof by adjusting your aperture. The right leg of the Goldie and the front of the feeder looks like the only parts in focus to me. As for the crop on #3, I will be honest and say I see no difference between the eye and tip of the beak whatsoever:shrug: and again the shot is rather noisy. Understanding that the feeders were blowing in the wind, but I honestly think that only now and again does a feeder shot work, and I am sure you mentioned in a previous post about some perches in your garden :thinking: so I am wondering why you did not use these as a more natural setting. I hope you do not take it personally Fangman, but I have seen a lot better work from you ;) ;)

Back