More Venice, painted ladies, masked men, and a dog

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
Some more from my Venice trip.

This gorgeous girlie's make-up got more cracked every time I saw her but she didnt care, she just enjoyed being photographed.

Venice20081262websize.jpg

These two girls were just messing about and having a laugh together. They actually posed for me both wrapped around a huge stone lion but the crowds in the square were so strong at this stage that I couldnt back-up any further with the 70-200mm... and the lion got cut in half, so I cut him completely.

Venice20081321web.jpg

This girl was part of a stunning trio all waltzing around in their finery, ocassionally coming together for group shots.

Venice2008126websize.jpg

This wood nymph was chatting to a fellow photographer in the square outside my hotel. She seemed very shy and though she struck several poses for me when I gestured to her with my camera, she never once made eye contact.

Venice20082241web.jpg

This guy was watching a parade, I thought he looked aloof and interesting.

Venice20082321.jpg

This man was a face painter from by the water front, I managed to catch him in a pensive moment.

Venice20082661web.jpg

This man was in the costume competition, and was one of quite a few who brought his pooch along for the show.

Venice2008183web.jpg

wow numbers 1 to 4 wow brilliant shots.
You would buy these framed pictures is some arty type shop

Another great set but #4 stands out for me, I love the way her eyes match her 'foliage'.

I love number 3! Stunning eye contact, lovely exposure and nice differential focus

It's love at first sight for me with #3....:love:

Another great set Glo...(y)

#3 for me
beautiful model, make-up and shot! :clap:

does #1 remind you of Rene Zoellewegger? (spelling???:shrug:)

Glo.... can I come next year... i SO need to see the parade.

Gorgeous shots.

wow numbers 1 to 4 wow brilliant shots.
You would buy these framed pictures is some arty type shop
Thank you muchly, (y)
I have a couple that Im particularly pleased with but, I'll save those for a bit in case peeps get a bit fed up of seeing them.

Fab work 'Glo...looks like you had a great time...again :LOL: You going to make this an annual event??
Thanks Carole, I loved it.
Amazingly, I bumped into a German lady there Ive spoken to once by email. It was great to watch her go on to win the best costume comp and net herself a nice prize of a cruise!
Think it could well become a regular thing for me, though next year I might give the weekend a miss as it gets unbearably crazy (see crowd pic below).

Another great set but #4 stands out for me, I love the way her eyes match her 'foliage'.
Thanks Colin, I have various shots of her, she was a star, with stunning eyes... which look all the better for the treatment from your tutorial!

I love number 3! Stunning eye contact, lovely exposure and nice differential focus
Thank you, she was indeed stunning to look at.

It's love at first sight for me with #3....:love:

Another great set Glo...(y)
Thanks muchly Mike.

#3 for me
beautiful model, make-up and shot! :clap:

does #1 remind you of Rene Zoellewegger? (spelling???:shrug:)

he! he! I can see what you mean Mike,:LOL:
I thought it was her pouty expression at first but on looking at another I have of her, she still looks a little like Rene.

Glo.... can I come next year... i SO need to see the parade.

Gorgeous shots.

Thanks Debs, be cool if you did go, think you'd love it... though flat shoes are must for next time I think.

Few images just to show it wasnt all great photo opps.
As you can imagine the wet weather we had for a couple of days kept a lot of costume wearers indoors.
And the shot of the weekend crowd at the entrance to St Marks shows just how useful it was having the 70-200mm which helped me zoom right in and cut out a lot of the 'excess' peeps that I didnt want on my pics.

Venice-2008-042-1.jpg

Venice-2008-043-1.jpg

Venice-2008-055-1.jpg

I'm sure I can see the star of scarey movie in that last picture!!!

wowey again! what lens did you use for those shots? xxx

number 3 for me... that's absolutely stunning!!!

They're all fantastic though!

I'm sure I can see the star of scarey movie in that last picture!!!

He! he! ... I wondered if anyone would spot that!

wowey again! what lens did you use for those shots? xxx

Thanks Alex, all shots were on the 70-200mm 2.8
I used it as my walkaround the whole time, I thought Id struggle with the weight, and as I have a few blurry images, I guess at times I must have but I never really felt it, and on the whole it was perfect on my fullframe.

number 3 for me... that's absolutely stunning!!!

They're all fantastic though!

Thank-you Bean, muchly appreciated. :)

More great shots Inaglo. I love Number 1,3 and 4. Especially number 3 as red, black and white is my favourite colour combination. I so very very much want to go there now. TP meet next year? (y)

love 3 and 6. fantastic....hope there are still more to come ;) i want to get dressed up like that! :D

Love the third shot, reminds of the Gaisha Girls in Japan. Amazing pictures(y)

Actually, I have pics of some lovely Japanese girls, both in kimono and dressed for the festival, there really is a little of everything at the carnivale!

More great shots Inaglo. I love Number 1,3 and 4. Especially number 3 as red, black and white is my favourite colour combination. I so very very much want to go there now. TP meet next year? (y)

Sounds good to me MK ... you and Miss McT going to be first to put your names down then ;)

agreed, lovely shot Glo :)
Ta muchly Dod :D

Blimey. Shots like these make me want to cry .... love them all. Really like numbers three and six from the first lot, but these you've just posted are also lovely!

Thanks Glo.:)
So who gets dressed up? Can you go along and get dressed up yourself? what actually happens at the carnivale, is it just lots of parties and dressing up?

FANBLOOMINGTASTIC GLO!

This thread not only shows a person working their camera to the max but also reinforces my belief that the 5D is probably still the best portrait camera in the Canon line-up.

:clap:

Thanks Glo! :) The black and red ones are so striking too. Tp Venice meet sounds like a good idea to me!

Venice is just the most amazing place. I took my wife there in January and walking through the little side streets it seemed as though every third shop was selling masks and costumes.

Your pictures are stunning Glo :clap::clap::clap:

It is so nice to be able to see all the Venetians in their finery, they really go to town:)

Thank you for sharing these:D

Oh by the way did you get any shots of the Klimt face masks?

Alan.

Wow! many thanks dakid, Mike, Adam, James, Gary, & MissMcT. :)

Thanks Glo.:)
So who gets dressed up? Can you go along and get dressed up yourself? what actually happens at the carnivale, is it just lots of parties and dressing up?

MK, as far as Im aware, a huge amount of people dress up purely for their own pleasure and to feel apart of it all.
Just wondering around in all their splendour, seeing and being seen ... all oh so Italian! ;)
Though there are many evening events put on (paid entry) where costume is requested.

Im not sure how you go about entering the costume comp but I can find out from Tanja if you were interested.

Venice is just the most amazing place. I took my wife there in January and walking through the little side streets it seemed as though every third shop was selling masks and costumes.

Your pictures are stunning Glo :clap::clap::clap:

It is so nice to be able to see all the Venetians in their finery, they really go to town:)

Thank you for sharing these:D

Oh by the way did you get any shots of the Klimt face masks?

Alan.

Thanks Alan, I didnt see any Klimt this time, but I did get this shot of 'Expectation' at last years event.
Who ever was in this costume must have sweated buckets, as last year was actually quite warm.

Expectation-Klimt-websize.jpg

Back