Mormon Temple

raythefab

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
This temple was built approx 2000 in chorley just outside Preston Lancs, it is the largest Mormon temple outside the USA here are a few pics i took this yesterday...Ray
Temple_2.jpg

Temple_1.jpg

Temple_Spire.jpg

Lovely quality shots, but do you have one leg longer than the other? ;) Bit of a straighten and they'll pop off the screen!

Cheers,
James

wow thats some building very impressive, kind of scarey.... too clean.
Nice shots btw (y)

Lovely quality shots, but do you have one leg longer than the other? ;) Bit of a straighten and they'll pop off the screen!

Cheers,
James
OK you tell me how, what software etc etc etc and ill have a go but im not very good at that sort of thing:thinking:

Hi Ray,

If you want to do it for free, download Picasa and use its straighten tool - it's childsplay.

Alternatively, Photoshop and Lightroom both have straighten tools as well.

Cheers,
James

The spire on No1 is absolutely straight but then everything else goes out try it on No1 in picassa

just a thought are you getting a little bit of lens distortion?

which lens were you using? its not showing in the exif, but I think both your 18-55 kit and the 17-40 have distortion correction facilities available in canon DPP

The reason it looks wonky is due to a few factors.
First thing, is converging verticals on the lens, and secondly the building actually is at an angle, leading towards the top left of the picture :)

wow thats some building very impressive, kind of scarey.... too clean.
Nice shots btw (y)

Inside is even more impressive, the font is on top of six life size oxen, and there are lots of facility's for teenage members of the church.

I'm not a member, but they had a few open days before the church was consecrated to ease worries of local residents.

The figure atop the spire is said to be SOLID gold :eek:

The photos a nice and clean, but I'm sure if you go at the right time they'll have the gates open so you can different shots.

Inside is even more impressive, the font is on top of six life size oxen, and there are lots of facility's for teenage members of the church.

I'm not a member, but they had a few open days before the church was consecrated to ease worries of local residents.

The figure atop the spire is said to be SOLID gold :eek:

The photos a nice and clean, but I'm sure if you go at the right time they'll have the gates open so you can different shots.
Thanks for that Jaimiei will pay another visit soon:)

Thanks for that Jaimiei will pay another visit soon:)

OH I forgot to say you can't go inside now :LOL:

Even some members of the chuch are not allowed to vist all parts of the temple, it depends on your status within the church.

Thats a shame actually, I'd have loved to have seen inside.

OH I forgot to say you can't go inside now :LOL:

Even some members of the chuch are not allowed to vist all parts of the temple, it depends on your status within the church.

I bet Donny would get in

I've seen that from the M61 a few times, doesn't look very welcoming with those big gates does it.

Good shots though, I like the 1st one best

I've seen that from the M61 a few times, doesn't look very welcoming with those big gates does it.

I used to work on the new industrial estate just over the road and used to go walking round it at lunchtime. The only hint of them having "issues" with us being there was seeing a bloke up in the stairwell of the hotel taking photos of us out of a window one time. Flippin' photographers ;)

Otherwise we felt more than welcome to wander round. I have also visited at night - well worth the trip as it looks great all lit up - and the members of the congregation arriving were very friendly.

There's some good locations for more distant shots on the roads over on the other side of the M61 too (the mini roundabout for Botany Bay, and Blackburn Road/Blackburn Brow higher up).

There's some good locations for more distant shots on the roads over on the other side of the M61 too (the mini roundabout for Botany Bay, and Blackburn Road/Blackburn Brow higher up).

I'll make sure I have a camera next time i'm up that way.:)

You can tell the mormons are minted, nobody builds churches that look like that any more, most modern churches look like the old church halls with a cross stuck on the door.

If you like photographing religious buildings York Minster will take your breath away, well worth the drive

im a member and its excellent inside it...im surprised its so quite,its usually packed with different people..the statue is solid gold by the way..nice pics

I'll make sure I have a camera next time i'm up that way.:)

You can tell the mormons are minted, nobody builds churches that look like that any more, most modern churches look like the old church halls with a cross stuck on the door.

If you like photographing religious buildings York Minster will take your breath away, well worth the drive
Thats my next stop york, minster and railway museum:)

I grew up in chorley, and remember it being built (the temple, not the town!)

Its an impressive sight, love the shots, well done :clap::clap:

Back