Morning Mist (Landscape / Birds)

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken a few weeks ago on a Gravel Pit near Newbury, the light was amazing and there was a lot of mist. All taken with a Canon 40D and a very old and cr*p wide angle so excuse the quality but any c&c appreciated.

IMG_2574cm2.jpg

IMG_2589cm2-1.jpg

IMG_2556cm.jpg

IMG_2576cm.jpg

#2 for me, but with just a tad more colour enhancement. That, I WOULD have on my wall!!!(y)

Thank you for all the comments, and yes I will be printing some of these off very very big.

And it will be the first time I have ever printed one of my digial images :(

I'm liking number 2, I think the others are a little too misty whereby you have to concentrate too hard to see any detail in there

Goes to show sometimes less is more :)

As you said - great light to go with the mist.

Number 2 is really beautiful (y) Like hairyduck said I do find Numbers 1 and 3 a bit TOO misty! I had to peer in a bit at the screen to see what I was looking at. But this might also be because of the small size of the images and the amount of dirt on my monitor! :|

I'm guessing a large format will really do these justice. The pastel colours are lovely.

Crying out for Silver Efex conversions with some grain.

Care to explain what Silber Efex means? :thinking:

Number 2 is really beautiful (y) Like hairyduck said I do find Numbers 1 and 3 a bit TOO misty! I had to peer in a bit at the screen to see what I was looking at. But this might also be because of the small size of the images and the amount of dirt on my monitor! :|

I'm guessing a large format will really do these justice. The pastel colours are lovely.

Viewing the larger size is a lot better and a clean screen must help :D

Thanks for all the comments!

you know, I have seen pics like these for sale in arty shops, these are just brilliant. (y)

I find these pictures absolutely fantastic. The first captures everything beautifully, pearly colours, low contrast and perfect composition. Well done buddy :)

2 for me!, do you have the raw file? i think it's a few tweaks away from perfection (to my eye)

Thanks for the comments, and yes I have the raw file but getting more contrast has been difficult due to the lens I just make the image worse.

Thanks for the comments, and yes I have the raw file but getting more contrast has been difficult due to the lens I just make the image worse.

If you have Photoshop or sometingn equivalent, try using a 'Levels' adjustment layer instead of the basic contrast adjustment which gives a muddy look if you apply anything more than a tiny amount.

Or, a little bit of burn applied to the trees and their reflections in #2 may give it a lift...

but it doesn't need much (y)

If you have Photoshop or sometingn equivalent, try using a 'Levels' adjustment layer instead of the basic contrast adjustment which gives a muddy look if you apply anything more than a tiny amount.

Or, a little bit of burn applied to the trees and their reflections in #2 may give it a lift...

but it doesn't need much (y)

Thanks, I will try going through the raw file again but making it better is hard just going to have to put in the time :D

1 and 2 are very nice. Maybe burn the bird a bit in #2, I don't think the trees need much / anything.

Are you saying you want to turn these very delicate, subtly toned images into grainy black and whites?

I agree I did try converting but they loose everything in black and white.

Thanks for the comments.

Back