Morning sun

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems like an eternity since i've been able to get out with the camera. Managed it this morning and these are a couple of shots I managed

Today_3.jpg

Today_5.jpg

Today_1.jpg

Thanks.
Ken.

Nice to see some more shots in your inimitable style ken.

The only criticism I would level is that there are some very definate processing halos around the treelines on some of these shots.

#3 is really nice, the others are more than acceptable!

Your album has just made it to my Favourites folder.
I'm gonna crack your secret if it kills me!

Another example of the Ken stylee. :) Due to you I downloaded that program you use but I am buggered if I can get results like these. Still I will continue to play until I am happy, anything remotely as good as these would be nice.

Thanks guys, 3 was processed the more conventional way after only light photomatix, just to bring the foreground out a little, while 1 & 2 had more photomatix treatment. While I like 1, I am not as fond of 2, as the sky seems a little too blue, might give it another go. These were all taken with the 18-55 kit lens, cp and handheld.
Bachs said:
Your album has just made it to my Favourites folder.
I'm gonna crack your secret if it kills me!
Not sure what secret you want to crack Bachs? but I'm sure I can help you screw your pics up as much as I do my own...just let me know what it is you'd like to know.
Steve said:
Due to you I downloaded that program you use but I am buggered if I can get results like these. Still I will continue to play until I am happy, anything remotely as good as these would be nice
No Steve, you don't need to do that. I do it because I don't have the knack of processing my shots like some of you + my pics straight from the camera are s***e! I still need to use lesser amounts in photomatix but hopefully I'll get there.
1 & 2 processed without photomatix.

Thanks again.
Ken.

Interesting program was put off hdr by CS2's poor performance at it may have to play with this later.
I wonder how long it'll be before someone merges this with a RAW editor so with one click it'll make 4 different exposures and blend them together.

Gemok said:
so with one click it'll make 4 different exposures and blend them together.
I just use the one exposure and a feature called tone mapping under hdr...not hdr itself.

Ken has definitely hit on a style of processing. I really like it in some shots, it gives an effect which lies somewhere between a photo and a graphical representation. I prefer his last version of shot 2 though, while I prefer the original version of shot 1.

Interesting technique. :)

CT said:
between a photo and a graphical representation.
I prefer to think of it as Digital artistry :D
Thanks Ct. and here's me worried about uploading them. :)

KenCo1964 said:
and here's me worried about uploading them. :)

You should be worried, you're gonna get banned if you keep submitting stuff this good. ;)

Back