Beginner Moth on the window.

There is something appealing about the simplicity of this image.
The angle of the shot along the window meant the white frame cast all through the glass and the thin slit opened in the curtains left a nice shadow either side to separate parts of the image. I processed one a little cooler so that the light patch had a faint blue tint to it that separated the areas even more.

There is a hint of a halo which looks like chromatic aberration especially towards the rear of the insect. I also like the simplicity of the image and would love to see it as a square format and, maybe, flipped to slope from left to right.

There is a hint of a halo which looks like chromatic aberration especially towards the rear of the insect. I also like the simplicity of the image and would love to see it as a square format and, maybe, flipped to slope from left to right.
The halo is there around the out of focus areas even before processing, the CA you noticed may be my fault for not even trying to correct it as I hadn't looked too closely beyond making sure it was in focus and increasing the tonal range.

Back