Moth Orchid

Keenbfb

Suspended / Banned
Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
The wife thinks I purchased this Moth Orchid for her this morning because I care about her, she has so much to learn:LOL::LOL:

3315488357_f1076941ab_o.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

Last edited:
Very nice photo. Love how the yellow is in focus and fading out of focus towards the edges.

Much better photos than what I took when I had the lens :LOL:

Very nice photo. Love how the yellow is in focus and fading out of focus towards the edges.

Much better photos than what I took when I had the lens :LOL:

Your not getting it back I'm having to much fun with it:nuts:

Thanks for the comments though

Karl, great composition but a little 'grey' perhaps - have you tried tweaking the levels and just having a general play at post processing? My one, although lit by flash, also had a tiny tweak to bring out the colours fully :)

Fantastic plants aren't they :)

John many thanks for the advice had a play as you said and came up with this, I was more concerned about losing the background details and making the whites appear blown to give it ago before hand but your right to my eye it looks better like this.

3329829666_f725ca31d8_o.jpg
]

It's a great little plant the wife loves it and no face turned up when I buy her something like this just so I can photograph it(y)(y)

Karl, I like your revised photo a lot.
However when I took loads of pictures of orchids like this the only comment I received was that the whole flower wasn't in shot!

Thanks for the praise mbscad.

Had to laugh at the comment about the whole flower not in shot though some people are just so hard to please:D

I'm not sure it would add anything to the overall image to include the whole of the flower in this instance as to me anyway it would detract from the main focus of the moths head which is what I was trying to capture, the centre wouldn’t contain as much detail if I zoomed out to include the whole flower.

Karl, just seen this and the revised shot has so much more oomph!(y)

Personally I prefer flowers in abstract mode most of the time and orchids are great candidates for that type of treatment! Looks great now :D

I much prefer the original edit, (which I think is very nice) the second one looks well blown to me, but.. each to their own (y)

I prefer colour and pp of the first but it looks over sharpened, the halo effect is quite pronounced which it isn't on the second shot. Great attempt though. Oh and I trust you haven't shown her this thread as you can still type :D

Alby, just out interest, where are you seeing the halo? As I can't spot it on my screen. If you mean the effect on the to the right of the right hand labellum, if so I wonder if that is it's own shadow?

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

I agree the second edit has more oomph in the colour and I prefer the brighter colours but do feel this has come at the expense of the background petals which now appear blown.

Guess I’m going to have to improve my pp skills as well.

Back