Mother Of All Walls - Great Wall Of China

Name
Chuck M
Edit My Images
Yes
One of the 7 wonders of the world. Damn this thing is huge!!!

1 - wonder of the world
96714148.jpg

2 - stairway to heaven
96932196.jpg

3 - massive
96933053.jpg

4 - trespass this
96927844.jpg

Some stunning perpectives there.

5 - nike swoosh
96843581.jpg

6 - the climb
96708181.jpg

7- drawing on the wall
96859288.jpg

8 -long way down
96929860.jpg

9 - been there, done that
96936378.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Quiet there isn't it! :eek:

Is there a major city nearby?

Great selection that probably does more to make me want to visit than even China's forthcoming games! (y)

Quiet there isn't it! :eek:

Is there a major city nearby?

Great selection that probably does more to make me want to visit than even China's forthcoming games! (y)

The part of the wall we went to is in Badaling - which is about 1.5 hours from Beijing proper. The guide said this is the best section (meaning walkable since the slope is not too steep) of the wall that is open to tourists.

Lots of people when we went since it was a Sunday. ;)

The part of the wall we went to is in Badaling - which is about 1.5 hours from Beijing proper. The guide said this is the best section (meaning walkable since the slope is not too steep) of the wall that is open to tourists.

Lots of people when we went since it was a Sunday. ;)

Some things to know about Beijing. London has two rings, the circulars and the M25 - Beijing has six. The sixth ring road is some way from the centre of Beijing. Some of the slopes in the Badaling section are steep - going sideways and hanging on to the rail being viable techniques. You cannot differentiate Sunday from any other day in China - every one is open for business, even the banks. The Chinese make sure they employ sufficient people to cover every day of the week. Consumerism rather than Communism is the order of the day.

Did you get any shots of the Olympic Stadium? We drove past and it is stunning.

rh1944

Some things to know about Beijing. London has two rings, the circulars and the M25 - Beijing has six. The sixth ring road is some way from the centre of Beijing. Some of the slopes in the Badaling section are steep - going sideways and hanging on to the rail being viable techniques. You cannot differentiate Sunday from any other day in China - every one is open for business, even the banks. The Chinese make sure they employ sufficient people to cover every day of the week. Consumerism rather than Communism is the order of the day.

Did you get any shots of the Olympic Stadium? We drove past and it is stunning.

rh1944

You got that right RH. You sure know your Beijing. :)

Yes, I was able to see the Bird's Nest Stadium - beautiful!!! Unfortunately, the photos I took of it were crappy since it was very foggy when we passed by.

Number one is my faveriot! Absolutely stunning! Its makes me really want to go there!

Great pics , i walked 90 miles of the wall in 2006 for charity , not all of it is like you see in the pics .Great experience , and China a great place to visit , did the Terracotta warriers to .Just forget their politics , and the smog lol

Back