Motorcycle Fire.

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
He said he felt his leg getting very warm - yep he was on fire and managed to get the bike off the road and parked up. These were taken last Summer.

I don't know what I thought I could achieve with a 4kg extinguisher so I got the camera out instead !
As I say, rider OK and in good spirits, a scorched pair of textiles and some pictures of his bike ceasing to exist !
img0029shrunktm2.jpg

img0039nl8.jpg

img0052shrunkpc8.jpg

img0057shrunkfj3.jpg

img0088qt7.jpg

Gutted i cant see the pictures at work :( I'm a fire fighter and love these kinda shots.
Not far from you actually dseered, I live near kirkby.

Ahh cool, Windermere crew dealt with it, I mailed a disc to them, they asked that their faces don't appear on the net which is fine.
This pictures and my story were published in the Westmorland Gazette at the time :) I was suitably chuffed !

lonsdale. Just over the border for northyorkshire fire.

:eek: Wow, thats quite some set. Must have been quite scary for the rider, but really well captured(y)

Oh and I think your right a 4kg extinguisher wouldn't have helped much would it.

great photo's, shame about the subject though, I quite like 7R's :(

what started the fire?

Hi great shots you were definately in the right place at the right time
Glad to hear the rider was OK shame about the bike wonder why it caught fire
Pete

Not sure why it caught fire, as I say rider reported feeling his leg get warn, looked down and saw it was on fire so parked it and ran, I was coming the other way in the van and as a biker I thought I should try and help out, it was futile though so I asked if I could take some snaps :)
I gave him my e-mail addy to get in touch for the pics but he never did ?
We did have some good Jap Vs Italian banter though ( My van has Dseered Ducati Racing plastered all over it ;) )

I can see the pics now! Unussual for tank to go, you get that kinda burst when a tyre pops though.
Should have asked the fire fighter why he had a jet not a spray though :p

We did have some good Jap Vs Italian banter though ( My van has Dseered Ducati Racing plastered all over it ;) )

Tee hee, as soon as I saw these I thought it would be a Duke, put a smile on my face as soon as I saw it was a mean green :LOL: Boy that sounds bad, only in a relief kinda way. Ten years of Duke ownership and they have never let me down (y)

Great shots. Must of been scary as hell for the rider! Glad he was ok.

Back