Mountain biking at puddletown.

Name
dave
Edit My Images
Yes
popped here a few weeks back with my D40 and got a few snaps of my mate doing some jumps.

2901929867_986928e75c.jpg

full size.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigdvr6/2901929867/sizes/l/

2880347836_8d78949662.jpg

full size.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigdvr6/2880347836/sizes/l/

the rest are unedited here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigdvr6/sets/72157607418464607/

it was my first time shooting in a forest with a moving subject so i struggled a little, pretty pleased with what i got though.

Dave.

I like the images, but not so sure about the frames. Great action captures and I think the trees work well as a backdrop.

cheers :) i was trying a new idea with the frames, but i think il just stick with a simple black border :LOL:

Great shots, the technique looks like its going somewhere. The frames are...ok but could be better.

the frames were something i found on google , il stick with a more basic set next time .

Great shots there Big D (y) prefer the black frames though:)

Nice shots... lose the frames though... just my opinion.
But in the end, isn't it the pictures that should do the 'talking'

I find the slight blur distracting. Maybe try a slower shutter speed.

I like these panning shots the second is sharper on the biker so that would make it the best for me, but a slightly slower shutter speed might have had a better effect on the background, its really difficult panning but if done right the effect can be awesome I had a go a couple of months ago when at a lawn mower racing event!!!, that was fun, ill post a few of those up in another thread

what speed was you using for these?

I like these panning shots the second is sharper on the biker so that would make it the best for me, but a slightly slower shutter speed might have had a better effect on the background, its really difficult panning but if done right the effect can be awesome I had a go a couple of months ago when at a lawn mower racing event!!!, that was fun, ill post a few of those up in another thread

what speed was you using for these?

I was using iso200 at a speed of 200, anything slower and i couldnt get a decent shot as the lens is not VR some had the flash on others did not due to typical english sunshine or lack off lol.

if you have a monopod that would help enormously with the shakes, not that im accusing you of drinking LOL

lol, true it would, its just a bit cumbersome to carry around on a bike, when your doing downhill stuff as well i dont fancy a mono pod falling off ;)

il keep and eye out for a VR lens soon just have to settle into my new job and be carefull for aa while :)

LOL i didnt realise you was riding to hehe, sorry bout that, must learn to read more

no problem, tbh I did not say i was riding at first. im going to Wales friday so if the weather holds up il take the slr, if not il just ride lol.

cheers, hopefully il get back their again soon, though il be riding a new bike so may spend more time on that than my cam :p

Like everyone else, don't like the frames, irritating to the eye, but definitely be interested in seeing your other work, I ride myself.

VR lens would not help with these at all. You need to experiment with shutter speeds to get an acceptable degree of blur on the backround and time the click so that the biker is sharp. Flasf could be used to freeze the biker and slow shutter to blur the b/g

VR lens would not help with these at all. You need to experiment with shutter speeds to get an acceptable degree of blur on the backround and time the click so that the biker is sharp. Flasf could be used to freeze the biker and slow shutter to blur the b/g

cheers (y) hopefully depending on the weather i may take my camera sunday, if its raining though il just take the bike :)

Back