Mountains, sea, sand and sky

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Well, just back from a great 2 weeks in Scotland so here's the first 3 images.
Hope you don't bore easily :LOL:

1. Sgurr-Coire-Choinnichean. Taken from the boat after leaving Inverie on Knoydart which is a wonderful area only acessible by boat or after a 2 day hike. The pub is the remotest on mainland Britain and is well worth a visit (The Old Forge Inn)

2. Taken from Traigh beach near Arisaig at sunset.

3. Taken from the carpark in Mallaig looking out toward sky with a cloud capped Rum on the left.

As usual all c & c is appreciated. Thanks for looking. (y)

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:
ahhhh, what a lovely place and what a joy it is to photograph there. I have many a happy memory of Knoydart and the Old Forge.

Thanks Darren. I didn't want to come home, so many views so little time.

Andy

All really nice shots, but there's just something [IMO] that doesn't quite work...

#1 - It's hard to pinpoint, as the image is brilliantly sharp, and really rich in colour, but I find it just doesn't hold my attention - I think maybe it's just a bit too symmetrical :shrug:

#2 - A much more interesting image, I think my only criticisms are that the silhouettes are a bit overpowering and also, there's a band of "uninterestingness" across the top [above the cloud] - try a tighter crop, and this will decrease the size of the black at the bottom, as well as cutting out some of the rather bland top band of sky.

#3 - I think I know why you did it, but to me, I think it would look better if cropped to just to the right of the island - I think the balance of the photo is not quite right, and if the sun + reflection sat slap bang in the right-hand third, I think the photo might balance a bit better?

That said, these are all just personal opinion, and the images all have really nice colours (y)

Good set.

Thanks snap, just the sort of crit I was after. I'll have a play and see how your ideas change the images. (y)

Andy

Thanks Chilliz, I'd noticed that myself a bit ago. Strange thing is that I can't see it on any other shots taken with that lens. Also if it were barrel distortion would it not have a similar curve on the rh side, the image has been cropped a little but not enough to remove all the dstortion?

Andy

Last edited:
Back