Mouthparts

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Couple of macro shots with 2 edits for each - these are mouthparts and a closer look by Photoshopping different angles...

1200mp1.jpg

1200head0.jpg

1200mp2.jpg

1200head.jpg

Paul.

Stunning. I've never seen a snail or slug's actual mouth like that before. Also I feel like I should break out the dog's brush for the bumble...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeew that slug looks horrid but you got its mouth really well and the crop-in is even better but............I prefer the Humble bumble bee :D
Really like the shot, its all there, colour/sharpness and detail, great shot on its probiscus (Tongue) The mouth parts are really strange and for a small critter they do come out a fair way.
2 Great shots Paul and
Its always a pleasure to see your shots :)

"Excellent" bit of work Paul, with some very fine detail.(y)

George.

Stunning. I've never seen a snail or slug's actual mouth like that before. Also I feel like I should break out the dog's brush for the bumble...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeew that slug looks horrid but you got its mouth really well and the crop-in is even better but............I prefer the Humble bumble bee :D
Really like the shot, its all there, colour/sharpness and detail, great shot on its probiscus (Tongue) The mouth parts are really strange and for a small critter they do come out a fair way.
2 Great shots Paul and
Its always a pleasure to see your shots :)

"Excellent" bit of work Paul, with some very fine detail.(y)

George.

I think WOW is the appropriate word I'm looking for. Stunning captures.

Thank you everyone - don't think I have had four replies so fast and quick succession before! Much appreciated all.

Paul.

Ahhh that would make sense, probably should google it :D.........

The pneumostome (or breathing pore) is a feature (the respiratory opening) of the external body anatomy of an air-breathing land slug or land snail. It is a part of the respiratory system of gastropods.

It is an opening in the right side of the mantle of a stylommatophoran snail or slug. Air enters through the pneumostome into the animal's single lung, the air-filled mantle cavity.[1] Inside the mantle cavity the animal has a highly vascularized area of tissue that functions as a lung.

Yep :D

Nice work as usual Paul especially the slug as most woukd not shoot it.

Back