Moving In

Edit My Images
No
MovingIn143.jpg

Thats just ACE!!
I love the pictures in the corner... The fact that you can see that he is turning his head...the tonal range...
Really great photo.
Maybe i would cal it "moving out" as to me it looks like he has left...IMO

excellent. dont really know what else to say about that!

What was the thinking behind the shot Tuna? it really is top class, Print material for sure!

Thats fantastic. not usually my cup of tea.... but I LOVE this.
I agree that "moving out" might be better for a title.... it looks like he has bodily gone but his spirit remains in the house.

Excellent - really like that (y)

Perfect! Stunning IMO....The detail in the floor, the light and tone. Love the pics in the corner. Really well done shot and processed. Easily the best I've seen from you IMO.

Thank you to all for your very generous comments. To answer some of your questions:

I actually did consider "Moving Out" as the title as it seemed more emotive but I actually AM moving in, so...

Minimeeze, yes, I am the human subject in the image.

Matty, this was inspired by having recently read about the photographic image "Boulevard du Temple" by Daguerre in 1838. At the time, the image was criticised for not showing any human activity on the busy street - this was caused by the extremely long exposure times necessary. Daguerre seems to have foreseen this problem and, it is thought, he posed a shoe-shine stand and customer for the duration of the 20-30 minute exposure as they are the only clearly distinguishable human figures in the image.

Tuna

hi tuna
so how long did you actually sit on the chair for, and was this timed or trial and error.

yeah, that is awesome!. Please say how its accomplised

Boon said:
hi tuna
so how long did you actually sit on the chair for, and was this timed or trial and error.

I tested it once and seemed to have it right, so I took the shot and liked it. 20 second exposure - and I quickly stepped in, sat for 7-8 seconds, then quickly stepped out.

Tuna

i really like the effect and the shot, thanks for filling in how you did it

One for a gallery!

Back