MPB - how accurate are their "instant valuations"

Edit My Images
No
Have you sold to MPB?

if so did you get more or less than their initial email valuation?

their valuations seem OK especially when you consider that they pay to have the camera/equipment collected?

have you ever asked them to return the item if they reduce their valuation from that initially given?

After several transactions , sometimes more, sometimes less in most cases it’s only a few quid anyway.
i have found it’s not worth the hassle to have it returned if you really want to sell bearing in mind it’s usually a hassle free sale.

Ive bought and sold a lot with them over the last 3 or 4 years, and ive never been offered less than their original valuation, but have been paid MORE than their original valuation a few times. Always been happy with their service.

There are a lot of people's experiences with MPB in this thread: MPB

It not really a valuation, it's an offer based on your description of the item and how much whether or not they need the item. If they have too many of a particular item they may offer you a much lower price than it's real value or even tell you they're not interested.

If you are accurate/honest with your description then you will get what is offered, if you mis-describe it then you will get a lower or even higher offer. I have used them a few times to offload some items and have always got what was initially offered.

Last edited:
Used them a few times now, and either got what was quoted, or above.

The last time I sold to them, I described my item as “like new” and they quoted as such. Upon their inspection they actually increased their offer. It’s a lot easier selling to them than selling privately.

Used them loads and never had an offer less than the online valuation. My most recent trade in of a body valued at £510 was upgraded to £550 when they received and inspected it. I've always been very happy with the service.

But they only ask for a one word description - Excellent, Very good, good etc., - or am I missing something?

I've always been honest with my evaluation for the quote, probably erring on the side of caution and mostly always got a bump in condition and higher offer. Never been disappointed.

Perhaps read the thread... it's not all been good either - variable..

I recently had a quote from WEX but payment offer was credit from them and not cash. Presumably they do this for less in demand items ?
They have always gave me the option of cash or credit

I recently had a quote from WEX but payment offer was credit from them and not cash. Presumably they do this for less in demand items ?

It used to be the case that they would only offer cash on certain products but that changed a while back.

Back