MPG 31% increase!.

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
I find it amazing that some are still taken in by these claims without asking themselves "if they are that good all cars would have them fitted,"
I thought all these gadgets were outlawed unless their claims could be substantiated.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/6qfaym

And there I was wondering why millions of pounds is spent on induction research and development each year.

Heck, pack away the tuned manifold design models and the contolled secondary intake systems......we'll save a fortune with a scrunched up coke can.

and after that we'll fit a resistor to fool the air temp sensor into thinking it's -20 so we can chuck some extra fuel in

bore wash ahoy :D

And there I was wondering why millions of pounds is spent on induction research and development each year.

Heck, pack away the tuned manifold design models and the contolled secondary intake systems......we'll save a fortune with a scrunched up coke can.

and after that we'll fit a resistor to fool the air temp sensor into thinking it's -20 so we can chuck some extra fuel in

bore wash ahoy :D

power resistor of doom!!!!!!!!

all of these things are hilarious, we went to a car show when some bloke was trying to peddle some device that split each spark from the coil into 4 and was trying to push all these claims about it, we waited til he had a good crowd around him watching his demo and then absolutely ripped his "show" to bits.

hehehe, the times i've looked at a car thats running poorly because someone has fitted these "snake oil" products is scary.

power boost valves causing fueling issues, resistors causing over fueling and the best one.....the silly little ecotek thing that gets plumbed into the servo line.....causing air leaks and sounding like a sink draining.

It might work on an old poorly adjusted carb fueled car.....but it has no place on a modern closed loop system.

:D

Re the show........I hope you stuck around long enough to put all his victims off :D

well we hung around long enough to annoy him alot, rip all his "happy customers letters" apart and generally muck up his selling, but he probably sold alot that day because it was an enthusiasts show and some of the **** people buy at those sort of events, its hilarious!!

thats the one, ecotek valve, ive tried and tried and tried to work out how making a hole in a pipe in your pipes and fitting one of those would works, (when its basically a hole in the system) yet making a hole in the same pipe without an ecotek valve quite clearly doesnt work, or all the car manufacturers with their massive R+D departments would be doing it. lets face it non of these things work, they;re either placebos or just something to part the unwitting from thier cash!

some others i found brilliant-
fuel cats (we dyno tested one of these for a customer who brought it in wanting to run it on a car suprise suprise it didnt work)
lead shot in the fuel tank i dont think you can add lead to fuel in that way....

silly idea

my elder brother (who really should have known better) fitted one to his mondeo a few years ago....loss of brake servo assistance was fun for him on the motorway :D

Bring back the good old days I say
a quick head skim / port polish / regrind the valves and fit a pair of strombergs / 1" 3/4 SU's
or a 28 /36 twin choke webber.
not forgeting the 4-1 or 4-2-1 branch manifold of coure
all done in an after noon on your ( My) Mums dining table (y)
and several seconds off the 0-60 time made it all worth while
head skim accepted of course, that took a little longer with lapping paste
and a peice of thick glass if you couldn't afford to take it to the local machine shop .........
Ah those were the days :D
and at 3 gallons to the pound who gave a s/ hit!

Bring back the good old days I say
a quick head skim / port polish / regrind the valves and fit a pair of strombergs / 1" 3/4 SU's
or a 28 /36 twin choke webber.
not forgeting the 4-1 or 4-2-1 branch manifold of coure
all done in an after noon on your ( My) Mums dining table (y)
and several seconds off the 0-60 time made it all worth while
head skim accepted of course, that took a little longer with lapping paste
and a peice of thick glass if you couldn't afford to take it to the local machine shop .........
Ah those were the days :D
and at 3 gallons to the pound who gave a s/ hit!

we still lap the top of our blocks with paste and a lrge steel plate.

the difference between what you've suggested and the gimmicks is a) they work and b) your actually doing something to the engine to actually make a gain :)

Back