MPH07 Earls Court

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
A few pics from this show..

I wasn't very impressed at all actually. The static cars were pretty boring and mainly shown by companies who hire supercars out. Consequently the presentation was not good and the lighting was simply appalling.

Didn't care much for the "show" either. Small arena area for them to play with, PA setup was poor and basically it was a rehash of a handful of things already seen on Top Gear.

I won't bother again!

Anyhow, the pics:

Classic GT40:
IMG_2210.jpg

Ferrari 599, looks like a Porche 944 and appallingly lit!
IMG_2216.jpg

Another shot of the 599, looks like that ant thing the Post Office used to use in their adverts!
IMG_2215.jpg

Ultima GTR Gumball 3000 - apparently the Gumball is back in 2008, which is great news!
IMG_2199.jpg

I have taken loads of this 430 on the track, this time its sitting still:
IMG_2166.jpg

F'ugly Hummer H2:
IMG_2163.jpg

Nice ultra-wide of the Lotus:
IMG_2160.jpg

Love the whale tail on this!
IMG_2150.jpg

None that really caught my fancy. A few averagely over made up tarts, but nothing really classy.

Totally agree with your thoughts on the actual show itself, we were very disappointed. Only one floor was open this year which meant only half of the cars and stands from last year or the year before. All of the large stands had cars parked sideways around the edges and a massive empty space in the middle - pointless.

We turned up at 3pm thinking we were going to have to rush round to get to see everything in time for the live action at 6:30, whereas we had actually seen everything in about 30 minutes so had to kill 3 hours with a meal at GBK down the road.

Live action was ok but not anywhere close to Autosport International. I won't be going again and to be honest if I hadn't got my tickets for free I would have asked for a refund.

The only two nice cars I saw there were a Koenigsegg CCX and the Gemballa Avalanche :(

I wish I had got my tickets for free :(

We had way more fun yesterday at Brands Hatch's Truck Prix for a tenner than we did for this overblown rubbish :(

lol I went to Brands as well yesterday but ironically missed all the trucks as I didn't get there until lunchtime and then left during the closure for the accident in the womens caterhams. They had sheets up around her car as we left, hope she was ok :(

My wife got us VIP tickets with full corporate hospitality - I got well sloshed, met all the guys from Top Gear and had an all round excellent time :D

Back