Critique Mr Pickles again

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Ha brill also found another fella I know last night. Right now is the roe rut peak. So fella is shining the huge neck so evident. I think he;s around 2 to 4 years old . I have these bright ideas "right lets go an take piccies of 30 inch high deer in Idunno a vast acreage of 4 foot of veggies I mean vast......... a young tree plantation ha and for fun lets have alot of those veggies crackly:LOL:"

Stone the crops, a needle in a hay stack is a walk in the park compared to round here right now

I knew about and wached this guy slowmy amble towards me trashing saplings all ways and got just three changes of an image later I stalked one deer ,thought I'd headed this same one which turned into 3 on binned photos. How does something so red and orange melt into those gasses even at point blank range I mean impossible to focus 3 or so M he was still disappearing. Utterly bonkers the only reason I have this bar a kill the samplings:) image is the track used by a 4x4 some weeks back once then most likely me and deer afterwards. Hell of a slice of hard won luck here,I possibly squeaked for the head turn migth of simply been the grasses on feet,as I tried to thread the needle.
He was shinning when you could see him and gone at the drop of a hat yet he's orange red ...........................how does that work??

1/2500 f6.3 iso 3200 560mm

_S2I7316 Sm j Mr Pickles by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

stu

He's a fine lad. Lovely to see. Red and orange and vanishing in green and brown vegatation? Isn't nature incredible? It's not just about colour though, is it? It's about colour, texture, shade, movement, lighting, contrast, evolving in tune with its natural environment, being a prey species. You find him hard to keep tabs on - your camera's af is on its back legs in the air............

Very nice shot, well composed with good colour and a nice expression.

George.

He's a fine lad. Lovely to see. Red and orange and vanishing in green and brown vegetation? Isn't nature incredible? It's not just about colour though, is it? It's about colour, texture, shade, movement, lighting, contrast, evolving in tune with its natural environment, being a prey species. You find him hard to keep tabs on - your camera's af is on its back legs in the air............

hey Jannny,
I still shoot waaay too many hare pics,rascals :cool: But Wow, this year the roe leaning curve has been huge.....it's sort of all fallen in my lap Jan. For around a month I could have taken you with really high certainty to see a particular buck. I know where he takes his siesta,:D well, say within 150 yards. I've never been able to pin roe down like that before .
not with that kind of accuracy It's been a fascinating few months really has

That's a lovely picture. There's one particular OOF flower head that annoys slightly - the one in front of the animal's left "hip" - but you probably recognise that anyway.

It would make a good panoramic as well...... but I love pano's.

Jerry,and George my most humbles,the heat is brutal to someone running a ladder all day,I'm folding very early in the eves hence my slow reply thanks both for the kind words:)

Jerry fair point about the flower we mused it i might just burn it and a few others just to "knock them back" slightlyt. I sort of like the way the flowers run through the frame So elected to leave in the end . Cheers for the thoughts I so value what others think,tis all a learning curve. It's nice though when one has mused what is being mentioned;)

Had a real fight with WB on this frame I'm still not completely happy with the posted version.

Cheers again both

stu

That's a lovely picture. There's one particular OOF flower head that annoys slightly - the one in front of the animal's left "hip" - but you probably recognise that anyway.

It would make a good panoramic as well...... but I love pano's.
I'd make it a pano to crop the sky out of the top left-hand corner. I think that would enhance the negative space to the left...

Attachments

• 48351031187_c6f75bbce6_o.jpg
    48351031187_c6f75bbce6_o.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 18
I'd make it a pano to crop the sky out of the top left-hand corner. I think that would enhance the negative space to the left...

Hi Tom thanks for this buddy very kind ,good to just see the crop here against the op !! Your post actually cemented my initial framing for me I think the sky adds and also the plano is making things too tight top and base. Tom appreciate this,I might not agree this time but lovely to have the input and your take on things. your post also made me wonder whether I could have placed him a little further to the right ,nice one mate :cool:

James thanks muchly:)

Hi Tom thanks for this buddy very kind ,good to just see the crop here against the op !! Your post actually cemented my initial framing for me I think the sky adds and also the plano is making things too tight top and base. Tom appreciate this,I might not agree this time but lovely to have the input and your take on things. your post also made me wonder whether I could have placed him a little further to the right ,nice one mate :cool:

James thanks muchly:)

It was such a nice photo I couldn’t help having a play with it :) and it goes to show there’s no right or wrong with photography. If there was it wouldn’t be as fun!

Hi stu ,nice catch mate he looks a good contender to win the does . After reading your write up thought i would have a walk around my patch and see if i could spy any rut action ,nope .But had a nice walk , got a few shots and got absolutely drenched from the thigh down from the due ,your right about the veg if allowed to grow ,chest height in some places but a pleasure to be out at dawn.

Hello buddy how ya doing john?? :) They are the devils own especially in this level of cover!! If memory serves I've seen two buck scrapping once and that was very much a play fight. I think this is why we just don't see these images of roe rutting they are so damn hard to find let alone make an image of. glad you got something though john.

Ahh mate I'm hopeless I finally lucked into to a couple of tiny kids ,ran off to get my lady so wanted her to see,naturally gone when I came back,I have proof but little more an absolute killer of a chance too,low cover.

I can do all levels of hopeless,me:oops: :$............ all that effort finally i'd earnt me chance and threw it away . Saw another this morn,wind all wrong game over !!

Got some lovely unexpected light gonna rush out quick,no time but still nothing ventured ...............:D

Cheers

Back