Mundole showjumping

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, best laid plans went totally out the window this weekend. Saturday was supposed to be the Granite city with either go-karts or mx on the sunday. Neither happened for reasons outwith my control so I popped down the showjumping at Mudole for a couple of hours. C&C welcome as usual. All taken with the 1D MkII and the 100-400, can't believe I almost sold this lens once :bang:

Oh, and a prize for who can guess which were taken in jpg and which were in RAW

ML1W2732.jpg

ML1W2815.jpg

ML1W2848.jpg

ML1W2872.jpg

ML1W2919.jpg

ML1W2939.jpg

ML1W3116.jpg

ML1W3145.jpg

and a couple of quick portraits to finish :)

ML1W2908.jpg

ML1W2913.jpg

There a great set of pictures......
:clap::clap:

thanks for the comments folks :)

Really good set, the first of the portraits is a cracker. I tried for ages to get my wife's horse (pre-kids!) to pose with both ears forward. Could never catch her just right.
Would add, keep an eye on the verticals and horizontals because with the jumps it does show up alot more.

Thanks for posting

Shaun

Nice set Dod 1&2 for me :clap:
The light seemed to be a bit harsh ?
I quite like getting right in front & / or under the horse where possible as well,
puts an element of danger into a "placid" passtime :D

Also, I love the expression on the girls face in #4 (y)

as for RAW v jpeg not a clue :shrug:

Good set with # 6 & 7 pipping it although judging by your horizons I presume you had a couple of beers on the day? :LOL:

I will take an uneducated guess at every shot from #5 onwards was in RAW.

The light seemed to be a bit harsh ?
Changeable would be a good word to describe it, one of those days where the sun keeps disappearing every two minutes

Good set with # 6 & 7 pipping it although judging by your horizons I presume you had a couple of beers on the day? :LOL:

I will take an uneducated guess at every shot from #5 onwards was in RAW.
No beers :D That dodgy horizons are a throwback to the motox where I'm usually working at an angle to maximise the rider in the frame :confused:

They were all RAW :p Forgot to change it after I'd been doing some stuff for work.

Thanks for the comments :)

Nice set Dod, I was just going to say does the rider in #2 look like she is enjoying herself or just waiting for time to pass? (y)

Nice shots, you captured the fear on the second rider’s face. I thought they were supposed to be enjoying it. LOL

Back