Music on a website

Name
Lotte
Edit My Images
No
I know lots of people don't like music on websites but I really want to try it out.

I'm not sure if I can actually do what im aiming for though.
My website is constructed using HTML coding on the server 'webs' its only a free version of it (thats why sometimes its a bit slow)

but I want music to play automatically and the viewer to be able to turn it on and off by a button in the corner which actually says 'music on/off' i'm sure someone must have seen it before.

however im not sure if this can be done on HTML's or is it limited to just flash websites?

and if it can be done does anyone know how to make it work?

The following code will give you a windows media type player on your page.

You will need to upload your song/music file to your web space and add the link to the code.

AUTOSTART=TRUE means that the song/music file will automatically play when the web page is loaded, if you do not want this to happen then just change TRUE to FALSE

Code:
<EMBED SRC="http://[COLOR="Red"]place the link to your song/music file here[/COLOR]" AUTOSTART=TRUE LOOP=FALSE WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=42 ALIGN="CENTER">
</EMBED>

TBH I wouldn't bother, you rarely come across music on non-music websites these days and there is nowt more annoying then having a nice relaxing browse of the web and suddenly being assailed by some piece of music at 100db because you forgot to turn your speakers down.... especially whilst having a crafty surf at work (not as though I would!)...

Carl

oh please no. sorry to sound like im ranting but theres nothing worse than waiting for a page to load while it buffers music and then to get blasted out of your seat because you werent expecting it lol

I'm not a fan of music on websites. The first thing I do is turn it off, or, if the option is easily available to do so I leave the site. Nothing worse than being forced to listen to music you don't like!

I cntrl-w any website that has music that plays automatically on it.

Don't do it!

<snip>

I'm not sure if I can actually do what im aiming for though.
My website is constructed using HTML coding on the server 'webs' its only a free version of it (thats why sometimes its a bit slow)

<snip>

If your site is slow now then you don't want to be streaming\downloading music as this will only make it slower. Remember the music is only secondary to the main subject of your web site and if the main subject does not appear quickly enough then visitor will just pass by.

Tim

thanks for opinions and tips and things guys

is it possible to have one that you can customize the colour of? or is that getting too ambitious now?

Yes, pretty easy, you just need a css style sheet for each colour scheme, and something to change it. I'll promise to repsond to how to do this with an example but I'm ussually pretty useless at remembering.

Don't do it! If I come across a website with sound on it I'll immediately close it and go somewhere else.

Don't do it! If I come across a website with sound on it I'll immediately close it and go somewhere else.

Seconded. As soon as I hear music on a website I'll be hunting for the button to turn it off, and if that takes more than a half a second glance I'll be leaving the site and not coming back.

No-one's going to come back to your website because you put music on it. A lot of people will be put off. Save yourself!

Agreed. I mostly keep the sound off on my computers unless I actually need it. If I've left it on by accident and a web site starts playing music, I'm turned off straight away and will probably just close the tab. Not sure why. Just hate music on web sites.

George.

Back