Must I Use Metric Sizes With My Epson Printer?

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I need to get my Epson 2100 going again. I want to feed paper that isn't A4 or A3 through it. It's roughly 23cm x 30cm (Prob imperial - I haven't got an inches ruler to hand). I'll do this through Photoshop. The print will be full bleed. Will this work or do I need to use paper in standard metric sizes.

Perhaps stating the obvious.....?
9.06'' x 11.08" is an odd size and with an aspect ratio of 1.30:1 will be an unusual crop.

IMO subject to your post processing with cropping suits the image then no reason not to use the paper you have.....provide you can set up custom size prints in PS (note ~ it was a long while ago that I printed anything from PS so no idea about custom print size settings) or the printer driver.

You are calling that an odd aspect ratio when almost all printers use the A series (1:1.414)?

Yes, for that is also odd. That oddness and the occasional posts here and on other fora where someone posts that they 'made' their 1.5:1 image fit bleed edge A4 and asked why the image looked distorted.

*All about (trying) to understand the limitations and working around them as needed, is it not?*

PS printing with an unequal border (top & bottom/left & right) mitigates for the image aspect ratio vs the paper aspect ratio..... but bleed edge IMO as per *...* above.

Last edited:
I meant if I open a new Blank File in PS, to 23cm x 30cm, if the printer would print to those dimensions? And print exactly to the dimensions of this paper fed through the printer? I can easily cut the paper to A4 size with my guillotine, but would rather not.

Last edited:
I meant if I open a new Blank File in PS, to 23cm x 30cm, if the printer would print to those dimensions? And print exactly to the dimensions of this paper fed through the printer? I can easily cut the paper to A4 size with my guillotine, but would rather not.

No personal info......but lots of links & information to aid you, I hope here

Imperial measurements should always be expressed as whole numbers, fractions or a combination of the two. Decimalizing imperial measurement is never a good idea. NASA can vouch for that.

Absolutely lazy of me not to express fraction correctly
9 and 7/123th inches x 11 and 103/127th inches ;)

Back