My 1dmk2N gave me a shock!

Edit My Images
Yes
I was at a cliff taking photos of birds flying past and had taken about 60 shots i think when suddenly my 1d said i had just 9 shots! I thought the memcard was playing up so took it out and put in another.
When i got home i found that the 1d file naming had got to 9999 and gone back to 0001 but it had also created a new folder on the memcard for the reset too... and when i tried to review the pics on the card, the camera was only displaying the pics that were in the NEW folder.

Worth knowing for anyone else with a 1dmk2n!

Yep the 40D does that too (except I think it will preview all photos as there's no ability to create new, or skip through, folders).

I came home once after taking like 100 shots (not realising that it had made another folder) to find a few photos on my card...just had to look in the other folder :D

it's caught me out too, but the 1D MKII simply stops shooting and asks you to confirm you want to make a folder. I've been standing there a few times wondering why it's stopped working :bang:

That happened to me at the weekend, i stuck a freshly formatted 16gb CF card in and on the display it suggested it could only fit 100photos onto it, rather than the normal 1499 it displays... I scratched my bonce for a while, 100 shots later if came up Card Full, at which point I swore a lot, but then spotted the new folder & reset counter confirmation. :)

you have to wonder why the "clever people" at canon though it would be a good idea to stop shooting and ask the photographer that is pressing the button "do you really want to take this photo?" on a sports camera - JUST CREATE A FOLDER AND LET ME TAKE MY PHOTO! {rant ove***

if you shoot sports you get to 9999 quickly - normally when you need to take a photo....

to the OP - just tell the camera to look at the other folder and you can then see your shots

My 350D does it too.... I was caught out when I topped 10k clicks too. I can't believe that I've now taken around 13k on it....

Do you think it's a good excuse for an upgrade :D

My 350D does it too.... I was caught out when I topped 10k clicks too. I can't believe that I've now taken around 13k on it....

Do you think it's a good excuse for an upgrade :D

prob not enough to convince the missus

Back