My 1st half decent shot

Name
michaala
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first ok ish shot. I must have taken at least 50 shots luckily it was a good flying day. Please any comments to help get better will all be taken on board.
Thanks for looking

Michaala:wave:

DSC00846.jpg

I have been at it 2 years and not got near this so well done.
keith

And a good ok-ish shot it is Michaala ;) What kind of distance was it away from you? and do you know what focal length you were using? BIF shots are far from easy even for the experienced person so you have done well. Maybe getting them in closer with some food might help more, that way you can zoom back out and give yourself a wider angle of view, this will give you more breathing space when panning.

I have been trying for so long to get a decent shot of a bird in flight and look what I ended up with today.

It wouldn't even open its wings.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

I know, it looks like I have pasted it on there.

We have even got wannnabe vultures living in our garden

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

All I want to do is get a good shot of a flying bird. Yours is cracking.

what camera and lens combo were you using? what focus mode were you using?
Also do you use the centre af point? if not start using it as the main one you use. Also switch your camera to continuous shooting, you may up your chances of getting a bird infocus. It is really pratice though, but remember this you will always have at least 1 bad shot out of any number of photos you take.

P.s. Love the finch, never got one like that!

Love the finch, never got one like that!

and I thought that was a failure not a success.

I would go and sit under some gulls but they have **** on me before.

You've done well with this.....always difficult shooting against the sky.:clap::clap:

Sometimes, with gulls, a good idea is to get an assistant to throw bread in the air near you - that tends to bring them in really close.

Hi all sorry should have done this at the start. Camera was on manual at 300mm 1/1250, Iso 100 f/6.3. It was also on spot and they were about 35-40 yrds away and i was standing on a floating pontoon that was bouncing with people traffic. Not sure if it was more luck than judgement, luck I think.

Thankyou for the wonderfull comments , much appreciated.

Michaala:wave:

Last edited:
Back