My 2011 Light Trails Review

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I did the same last year but it's that time of the year again to review my 2011 efforts as light trailing, it was a really great year for me in relation to light trails (y)

328/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

No competition for me as to what makes it for my favourite light trail of 2011 this is a light trail that I'd been trying to get ever since I've started it contains blue light trails on both sides of the motorway (y) :woot:

8/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This is a golden hour light trail showing that it's possible to get great colours in the sky and nice crisp trails (y)

M6 LIGHT TRAIL EDIT by mwhcvt, on Flickr

More blue and two's in the trails this was a Ambulance, this was a first for me, in that the sky is actually from a trail earlier in the evening

WESTMINSTER BRIDGE by mwhcvt, on Flickr

There is nothing like doing a light trail in an iconic location (y)

87/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Simply for amusement purposes I love this light trail, it was never going to be the most interesting location when I shot there simply because I was far to late getting to the location but then this police car decided to be a part of the performance, I'm used to having the police come and ask what I'm up to when light trailing, the police are always great about it (y) and often really interested in what I'm up to and the results

365/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Something a little different to your normal light trail (y)

I hope that you've enjoyed looking through my review of my 2011 light trails...as always all C&C welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice Matt :clap: you produce some really fab images last year, I loved the plane ones would like to see a full vid of most of your LTs with music would be fab

Nice Matt :clap: you produce some really fab images last year, I loved the plane ones would like to see a full vid of most of your LTs with music would be fab

Thanks Dave, now there's a fab idea, I'm thinking that I have to do one for my 365 at some point :D

Number 6 is fantastic Matt, well they all are but I really like that one :D

Thank you :D I really do have a thing for aircraft trails :D

Matt

Loving #6 I've never seen a light trail done with an aircraft before.

Loving #6 I've never seen a light trail done with an aircraft before.

Thank you, I'm really pleased with that one :D it's different, it's something that I've done a few times but that is one of the best ones :D

Matt

Very nice photographs Matt. Blue light taxies always make a good addition to a light trail.It's a great image and I can see why it's your No 1 (y)

Very nice photographs Matt. Blue light taxies always make a good addition to a light trail.It's a great image and I can see why it's your No 1 (y)

Thanks Nick, it was two years of light trailing so it had to be my top one of the year :D

Matt

some very good LT you have over the last year, looking forward to seeing your 2012

Thanks Darren, I've a few ideas with this year (y) that should create some really great images, hopefully the arrival of a new lens in the next few days will help (y)

Matt

2 and 3 are my favourite, I like 2 a bit more for the clouds and the lights are a bit more uniformal. I really like the detail in that tree in 3.

Also great idea for a light trail on the end of the runway. Love it, real thinking outside the box. Great work and well done to everyone and thanks for sharing.

Light trails is something I still haven't got round to. M.

Last edited:
2 and 3 are my favourite, I like 2 a bit more for the clouds and the lights are a bit more uniformal. I really like the detail in that tree in 3.

Also great idea for a light trail on the end of the runway. Love it, rea thinking outside the box. Great work and well done to everyone and thanks for sharing.

Light trails is something I still haven't got round to. M.

Thank you :D you really should get round to doing them (y) there is so much satisfaction in getting a great one (y)

Matt

They are all cracking shots but #3 is my fav. I would never have thought of using aircraft lights for a shot and I think it really works well.
I've had a read of your guide as well and I'm inspired to try this myself when I get time!

They are all cracking shots but #3 is my fav. I would never have thought of using aircraft lights for a shot and I think it really works well.
I've had a read of your guide as well and I'm inspired to try this myself when I get time!

I'm really pleased to have inspired you to have a go at it (y) it can be a really satisfying style (y) :D please let me know if you need help (y)

Matt

Back