My 4 day old Boys Photographs, C+C (Pls)

Name
Dan Short
Edit My Images
Yes
Good afternoon to all,

I was blessed four days ago with the birth of my Little boy Ben. I had the intention months ago of taking some Photographs of him for the album and with the help of my "Very tired" wife here are the results. Go gentle with me, Im not a Infant Photographer, Im normaly shooting Horses most days! But any C+C on how I could improve them will be recieved with gratitude.

Thank You

Dan S:wave:

Ben_In_color_SML.jpg

under_Ben_BW_sml.jpg

Bens_feet_sml.jpg

Ben_just_hanging_around_no_shadow_sml.jpg

great set of shots
well done for taking the pics "sideways on" to stop the head or feet dominating the shot
love the "feet only" btw

I'd look critically at his rear end in the first
I'm sure it's not as uncomfortable as it looks!!!!

oh and congrats on the new addition!!!!
hope he and Mum are doing ok! (er and you of course!)

That first one is a cracker!
I trust it's a bum cheek we can see rather than the "family jewels" :D ( ouch if it is )
Congrats all round (y)

Firstly, congratulations to you and your "very tired" (understatement of the year there!!) wife!

#1 almost works - just try to reshoot and move the poor little un's erm.. 'bits' out of the way.

#2 doesn't quite work for me as the postioning looks too awkward - too many hands and arms everywhere

#3 Love this shot! It works perfectly.. and I adore those little perfect feet :love:

#4 I'm presuming is a fiddled about with crop of #1. Works better for me with the full body (and minus the boy bits ;)

Cracking first attempt though - keep going, and I look forward to seeing more! It would be lovely if you could get some nice skin-skin shots of mummy and babe before he gets too big as I think these type of shots always work really well.

Congrats Dan, lovely little boy!:clap:

Lovely skin tones in the first one, you might want to re-shoot it though unless you fancy embarrassing him with it when he gets to his teen years.:LOL:

That is just perfect! (y)

really like the last edit dan .. just wish i had done that myself bit late now the little bugger would break my arm:LOL:

also really like the feet shot .

keep up the good work.

md(y)

Congrats and nice pictures, last edit is just perfect(y)
Dean:)

Wow!!

Firstly, congrats on the latest member of your family!!! (I still have to wait another 5months for mine!).

Secondly, stunning shots mate. That first one is great - I love the angle. As said before, the head isn't dominating the shot.

My favourite has to be the one of the feet - so cute - looks like it should be on the front of a CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BABY card!

Looking forward to seeing lots more.

Cheers

Anth.

why don't you replace the first pic with the "fixed 1"?
just a suggestion

just upload a new version of the pic to the same place as the original!

Love the shots, congratulations too :)

Really like pic #4, it keeps the lightness of his wee form and seems almost drawing like.

Keep up the good work, I'm sure you'll have loads of great photo opportunity's from now on :)

Susan :)

(or edit the post to point to the replacement!!!)

Congrats..... I have a shot of my first like yours (#4) she didn't come much past the end of my hand. (Very premature) Now though......:LOL::LOL::LOL:
They all grow up.

Well Done
David.

I think this was not the right decision to change the picture around, none of the threds make any sense, but thanks for your advise any way!

fair cop! :embarrassed:

Congrats..... I have a shot of my first like yours (#4) she didn't come much past the end of my hand. (Very premature) Now though......:LOL::LOL::LOL:
They all grow up.

Well Done
David.

Thanks for your well wishes David, Im pleased you like #1, Im sliding towards number one?

Cheers

Dan S

Congratulations for three reasons

1) Obviously on the brith of your first.
2) The absolutely stunning 1st photo (y) (y) (I joined the post late and missed the original shot with bits - so the first few posts were confusing). The 3rd shot is also great - albeit cliched. I find the pose in 2 looks unconfortable / unnatural and that you seem to be breaking his neck. The last one is abit a bit too high key / overexposed for my tastes
3) For having the "bits" to hold your first child in this pose - I think I would be concernd about dropping him :eek:

2) The absolutely stunning 1st photo (y) (y) (I joined the post late and missed the original shot with bits - so the first few posts were confusing). The 3rd shot is also great - albeit cliched. I find the pose in 2 looks unconfortable / unnatural and that you seem to be breaking his neck. The last one is abit a bit too high key / overexposed for my tastes
3) For having the "bits" to hold your first child in this pose - I think I would be concernd about dropping him :eek:

Thank you for your comments Simon,

Dan S(y)

Hi Simon, Thank you for your comments on photographs,

Cheers Dan S

Back