My attempt at a white background in photoshop

Edit My Images
No
3792072817_83d9a4df8a_o.jpg

It's a shame I couldn't get it all in frame but that would have meant taking down the computer desk.

Wasn't happy with it so I've done a bit more touching up.

Last edited:
Not sure if you mean you cut out the bear and placed on the background, if you did it very good!

It looks like the bear was close to the background when the photo was taken, there is some light bleeding in from the sides, can you put some distance in between the back ground and the subject, this should help with the very "light" edges on the bear, other wise a crisp white back ground :)

Last edited:
The light bleeding from the edges was probably due to me using the white side of my reflector behind the rabbit. I used the dodge tool as Zack Arias showed in one of his podcasts to make the background completely white.

Here's the un-processed version

3793714153_aa208d3e64_o.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice effort, though I would say the 'light bleed' is actually caused by the dodge tool, because the bear is also pale in colour the tool also has some effect on its fur aswell as the background you are dodging. I found that practising the Zach Arias technique on something darker to begin with was easier, though of course, easier still is to have the space and lights to get a white background without using it....lights I have, space can be limited :bonk:

Yeah I know what you mean about lack of space, I think I'll have to try my next attempt in the kitchen though that will mean having to deal with very pale yellow artex walls.

Back