My baby is all grown up....

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
After selling my fishing tackle the other night I finally got the cash together to splash out on a battery grip for my 350D.

And thank god I did. Everywhere wanted silly prices, except for HK sellers and places like Onestop.

Luckily I found it in a camera shop near me (fotosense in Bolton) for 94.99 :D Could be one for the bargain forum I think.

Well got her home, attached it, and by eck does it make a difference. She now feels all grown up :D

After having a play with my camera, both in landscape and portrait mode I think I can safely advise that anyone wishing to buy a 350D, make sure their very first accessory is the grip.

:)

Makes a difference doesn't it :) I got one for the 20D and hated it to start with, now though I wouldn't be without it.

Have to agree - makes it alot more steady in the hand aswell, not so much the size but the extra clearance between the bottom of the lens and the camera base.

Also I prefer the added weight - feels more balanced with the grip.

So are people saying Canon messed up with the ergonomics of the camera in the first place , or is the 350D just too small for some people to handle ?

I must admit, I do find my 350D a tad small to hold, and I don't class myself as having overly large hands.

I do want a grip, but like some others, the price has been putting me off somewhat.

Sounds like anyone who could manufacture just the grip without the function, for a decent price could be on to a winner

DJW said:
So are people saying Canon messed up with the ergonomics of the camera in the first place , or is the 350D just too small for some people to handle ?

I can't speak for the 350D but I felt the 20D was on the little size after shifting form the 10D. It actually handled fine without the grip but the addition of the vertical shutter release makes life so much easier.

Presumably to build that in to the amateur models like the 20 and 350 would push the costs beyond what most amateurs would pay, dunno, just my opinion.

I think it's a Japanese failing, they just make things too small for big western hands. The battery grip makes a huge difference to my 300d.

Steep said:
I think it's a Japanese failing, they just make things too small for big western hands. The battery grip makes a huge difference to my 300d.

thats bang on Steep, i said that on other forums and got mocjed, but it true!:thumb:

Marcel said:
After selling my fishing tackle the other night I finally got the cash together to splash out on a battery grip for my 350D.

And thank god I did. Everywhere wanted silly prices, except for HK sellers and places like Onestop.

Luckily I found it in a camera shop near me (fotosense in Bolton) for 94.99 :D Could be one for the bargain forum I think.

Well got her home, attached it, and by eck does it make a difference. She now feels all grown up :D

After having a play with my camera, both in landscape and portrait mode I think I can safely advise that anyone wishing to buy a 350D, make sure their very first accessory is the grip.

:)

Like i've said to you on MSN, im quite sure ill be getting this at christmas time. I'll have a play with yours when we go into Manchester on Sunday like you said, and i'm sure that i'll have the same reaction as you :)

DJW said:

That seems to be the consensus, although I didn't have a problem with it, it was massive after my diddy A95 compact.
Just try sticking a speedlite on top of it...it looks the dogs danglies...but I guess I'm just a big poser :icon_cool

I bought it for the added weight/size/handling but don't forget you can stick another battery in there too...I don't even think about charging and often go for weeks between charges.

Bachs said:
I bought it for the added weight/size/handling but don't forget you can stick another battery in there too...I don't even think about charging and often go for weeks between charges.
Agreed

It also gives you the capability to use AAs aswell, should you be caught short. The added weight and balance is improved. But regardless of which camera body I have I would have obtained a grip, mainly due to how much it improves comfort when shooting in portrait mode.

Have to add that is was actually a review by Bachs (BG-E3 Review (by Bachs)) that persuaded me to finally place my order - so thanks Bachs :)

Warspite said:
Agreed

It also gives you the capability to use AAs aswell, should you be caught short. The added weight and balance is improved. But regardless of which camera body I have I would have obtained a grip, mainly due to how much it improves comfort when shooting in portrait mode.

Have to add that is was actually a review by Bachs (BG-E3 Review (by Bachs)) that persuaded me to finally place my order - so thanks Bachs :)

Anyone got a pic of Bashful?

It's a pity the grip doesn't have an extra viewfinder in it...then it would be really comfortable in Portrait mode :eyesup:

After a lens the battery grip on my 20D is my "top of the list" accessory. Wouldn't be without it and it's never off the camera, except for tripod work.

regards

Back