My best images of 2020

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes

Doubt I will be out and about until May 2021...

A nice set, and I mean this in a nice way, typically you.

I was lucky to have a day at Kilchurn, and got some keepers back in January. When we gradually got out of lockdown, I spent a lot of time at a local kingfisher, which was mainly fruitless in an image sense but priceless on the learning curve front. 2 days since in Glencoe but didn't really do that well. I think this year may as well be written off now, not just because of the weather, but restrictions too, which I don't see being lifted to any usable extent much before Spring next year. I'm happy to do my bit but I am itching to exploit Glencoe a bit more.

May catch you there in May. ;)

Numbers 1 and 10 for me, superb. I've said before summer landscapes are too easily dismissed by other photographers but they're some of the most uplifting times to be outdoors. At least you have some great local(ish) areas you can visit. It looks like we'll be in tier 3 in this county but my own district has one of the lowest rates in the country :rolleyes: If I get anything else it'll probably have to be local but this area is best in summer. Agree with every single word you wrote in your intro.

Numbers 1 and 10 for me, superb. I've said before summer landscapes are too easily dismissed by other photographers but they're some of the most uplifting times to be outdoors. At least you have some great local(ish) areas you can visit. It looks like we'll be in tier 3 in this county but my own district has one of the lowest rates in the country :rolleyes: If I get anything else it'll probably have to be local but this area is best in summer. Agree with every single word you wrote in your intro.

Good choices :D

Agree summer is so easily dismissed but for me it has it all, mood, atmosphere and soul and it just feels great. I am already looking forward to it. Roll on May and an end to this madness :D

I enjoyed reading that and an excellent idea too I shall steal and employ i.e. picking the best of your work for the year. I guess it makes you reflect, focus and get better.

at least you live in Scotland. I live in London and you know what that's good for... connectivity... i can get almost anywhere I care to go in the world very easily. but we can't go any where. I too enjoy travel landscapes and had plans for US to Greece. may be next year or year after or never :p

I enjoyed reading that and an excellent idea too I shall steal and employ i.e. picking the best of your work for the year. I guess it makes you reflect, focus and get better.

at least you live in Scotland. I live in London and you know what that's good for... connectivity... i can get almost anywhere I care to go in the world very easily. but we can't go any where. I too enjoy travel landscapes and had plans for US to Greece. may be next year or year after or never :p

It certainly does - I am of those who know's what they like and like what they know :D

I'm scared of flying but I'd make frequent use of the M20 to get to Dover Ferry Port and over to France etc more or even the Eurostar. Driving to Spain from Scotland is quite lengthy - to be able to cut out all that extra miles I'd definitely shoot abroad even more

It certainly does - I am of those who know's what they like and like what they know :D

I'm scared of flying but I'd make frequent use of the M20 to get to Dover Ferry Port and over to France etc more or even the Eurostar. Driving to Spain from Scotland is quite lengthy - to be able to cut out all that extra miles I'd definitely shoot abroad even more

may be a long drive but could make a road trip out of it! :D
stop in nice places, take pictures and move on. its as much about the journey as the destination and all that :D

may be a long drive but could make a road trip out of it! :D
stop in nice places, take pictures and move on. its as much about the journey as the destination and all that :D

That's how I got into photography - a lot come from the hiking/hill walking route. I came from a love of road trips and driving.

Next year, Spanish Pyrenees. It IS happening. I cannot lose another autumn to Scottish weather.

Back