My best Sunset

DinoS

Hmmmmm.......Paste!
Edit My Images
Yes
1473007852_85187ef9e3.jpg

As many opinions as possible, and how can i improve the shot.

All advice and comments good or bad warmly welcome

thanks

M

i like it, my only problem is with the watermark, it spoils the image and is difficult to actually see past it into the rest of the image (seeing as its right across the focal point of the image). i know its necessary(?) but surely its possible to do it more subtly in a way that doesnt "destroy" the image for the casual viewer.

its a nice image though, like it alot, where is it shot?

can i ask would you say it is worth a competeion, if not how could i improve it

i like it nice colour against the black silhouettes. i agree with
whitewash about the watermark though. where was it taken?

As with the others, nice shot shame about the watermark. I can't think why you need such a large obvious one on such a small image but it's your picture :)

hi it was taken in portsmouth by portchester castle.

sorry about the water mark can you try and look through it.

1. how is its composition, and how could i improve it.

2. is it worth a competeion?

thanks

M

1. how is its composition, and how could i improve it.

The post in front absolutely dominates the image for me and if I'm honest it spoils what is otherwise a nice scene. Colour is great, it's sharp, it's just that post which spoils it for me.

2. is it worth a competeion?
Depends on what the competition is I'd have thought. Why don't you enter it and see what the judges think ;)

Rules of thirds with the horizon. not in the middle.

Unless you have to pay, you have nothing to lose by submitting to a competition, if it doesn't come anywhere, look at those that do. You have to be in it to win it. The worst that will happen is they wont like it. If it doesn't win, just move forward, there are likely to be loads of entries, so it wont mean your not any good, just not good enough on this occasion.

Back