My Birthday Surprise - but there's a problem!!!

Name
Kryssy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well folks, you'll never guess!! You may or may not know I've been saving for my beloved 40D and yesterday there was a wonderful surprise party for my 60th and my lovely family have bought me a 40D - Am I the bee's knees or what !! :clap:(y):clap:

So, I've been up most of the night playing with my new toy but think I have found a problem. When I want to delete a photo the camera does not let me. I do all the right things but nothing happens. It did let me delete at first but at about 3.30 am it started to play up. Now, the only way I can delete is to protect those I don't want to lose and then delete everything else in total. If I select individual photos to delete nothing happens either.

It's a new camera and my hubby and sons are a bit upset that there's a problem. Should it go back to Canon or is there something I'm doing which is causing this malfuction?

Am I upset????? :crying::crying::crying: mega-muchly !!

Thanks all - Kryssy :love:

have you pressed the lock picture button, i have have a nikon and it has a key image to lock pictures.

What exactly happens when you try and delete a photo then? Do you still get the "Cancel - Erase" option when pressing the bin button on the back (when looking at the photo you want to delete)?

I would try resetting to the factory defaults just in case you have changed something without realising it. I know its possible to assign different usess to buttons but as I don't do that I'm not sure if the delete button is one that can be changed!

Hope its something that is easily sorted and it does not need to go back to the shop.

Jimmy - I don't get anything when I select delete - I used to get the cancel-Erase when I first started to use the camera but not any more.

Susie - Have restored the camera to factory default but it hasn't solved the problem.

Thanks for all your help. My son is emailing Canon to get advice as to what to do - perhaps I can take it into a shop here in France and get it looked at.

Boo hoo ...............:crying::crying:

Back