My bro and his wife

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, took some shots of my bro and his kids last night here is one to start with

any c+c welcome and as you know needed..:D

bro.jpg

tfl as always

md(y)

Pity they are not both looking at the camera (or away but in the same direction though)

Although I think both looking at the camera would work better here.

Not much else to nitpick at - splendid effort!(y)

O.K. had another look and here comes the nitpicking:LOL:

There seems to be a line of shadow along the bottom edge of the image:thinking:

The flash hotspots in her face distract a bit

That is it, promise(y)

Nicely posed. with natural looking smiles. the heads being close together is good. Radiation skin burns is baaaad! :D

Sorry mate skin tones are way too red for me - otherwise well done. (y)

Sorry mate skin tones are way too red for me - otherwise well done. (y)

Agree with first part but as for above either my monitor or your monitor is in serious need of calibration, CT:thinking::shrug::LOL:

Agree with first part but as for above either my monitor or your monitor is in serious need of calibration, CT:thinking::shrug::LOL:

Well I'm really gonna take any notice of that considering you thought they weren't both looking at the camera! :thinking::D

anyhow

here is another i did last night while they were here

the sis inlaw liked it

any thoughts welcome again..

john-and-jen-copy.jpg

md(y)

Really nice Dave - but spoiled by that big burn out area on your bros forehead. Possibly caused in the processing?

You're turning out some good stuff but you should be spotting things like that by now. I know you'd want me to be honest. :D

Well I'm really gonna take any notice of that considering you thought they weren't both looking at the camera! :thinking::D

Oh b*****ks, CT your'e right!:confused:

Even by explaining my observations I will simply be slipping deeper into thick deep dicky doo-dah...:exit:

Feedback appreciated mate my new years resolution is to spend more time on my pp

any shots in the new year will be few and far between :naughty: but should be of a better qualitly
well thats the idea..

thanks again for the honest feedback chaps

anymore comments welcome folks...(y)

md

LOL @Anton. Red skin is a pet hate of mine. A good idea is to have a look at your own skin and see if it's really that colour.

Dave. I'm not peeing up your leg mate - you are doing really well. Things like the blown highlight in your bros head happen to all of us. The thing is to recognize it and decide if you really want to put your name to it. If the blown highlight is not recoverable, it can be heartbreaking to decide it's a bin job when it's an otherwise corking shot - which this one is, but you have to be ruthless, that's the way you really start you get your standards up. (y)

Tbh Dave, the first thing I noticed was the black cotton hanging on your bro's grey top ... might sound daft, or picky (not meant to be) but it just really stood out to me.

Skintones did seem a bit red for me too, so I hope you dont mind but I had a little fiddle.
Took all of 5 mins...
Reduced the reds in Hue/Saturation.
Cloned the black stray cotton.
Lightened your bro's teeth a couple of shades with the Dodge brush.
Cloned the hot patches on his wife's face with the clone brush set to a low opacity.
Hope thats ok, if not, give me a shout and Ill take it down. :)

bro-copy-1.jpg

Very nice thank you glo..

these are the things ill be looking for in the future..

md(y)

Back