My Cat

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Please go easy on me, I've only had the camera a few hours and these are my first shots :LOL:

5333052995_8d1c7b51c4_b.jpg

5333084825_c03a288dcb_b.jpg

5333376951_71d413cf93_b.jpg

I've done a bit of PP on them, but don't ask me what as I was only playing (something else I need to get used to)

C&C welcome. :)

Love the last one.
We had a lovely female tabby, she was my favourite cat.

Matt

no 1 without the wall socket, a little lh crop, and a more sympathetic frame and WB
cheers
geof

Yup nice shots just the WB needs tweaking a bit. They look a Tad orange to me

Love the last one.
We had a lovely female tabby, she was my favourite cat.

Matt

Thanks, we've had her for a while, we have had another 4 that were her kittens but 3 of them have died now :( Only one of them left.

no 1 without the wall socket, a little lh crop, and a more sympathetic frame and WB
cheers
geof

I have no idea how to clone out objects yet, but thanks for the comment will take it on board. Can you explain what you mean by sympathetic frame? I thought the WB was out too, doesn't help that there's a lot of orange colours in that environment though :LOL:

Yup nice shots just the WB needs tweaking a bit. They look a Tad orange to me

Thanks, Would you say the last one has a better WB? Whats the best way to adjust it?

Cheers. :)

Thanks, we've had her for a while, we have had another 4 that were her kittens but 3 of them have died now :( Only one of them left.

I have no idea how to clone out objects yet, but thanks for the comment will take it on board. Can you explain what you mean by sympathetic frame? I thought the WB was out too, doesn't help that there's a lot of orange colours in that environment though :LOL:

Thanks, Would you say the last one has a better WB? Whats the best way to adjust it?

Cheers. :)

Cat by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

i did the frame on photofiltre which is good for frames and is freeware

wb adjust as i have been told is colour temperature on the software
and cloning isnt too hard once you learn the settings for the size of the area you are cloning and the amount in opacity...light to full ...sorry cant explain too well
as for the frame...personally i dont really like the hard black edges which seem to suit a lot of shots...but if you like it then what can i add except that for me its a distraction and cramps the image a bit..
i use a series of framings with a light and small first frame..its not too important i suppose as long as your image is good and sharp which it is..
i have found after a great amount of exasperation that i needed to learn pp to make my shots better...
wish you well with that
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Thanks for you help, I have just switched to shooting in raw and had a little play adjusting in PSE which I found easier. I will have to see if I can find any guides on cloning and give it a go.

I see what you mean now regarding the frame, I will keep it in mind for next time.

Thank you for the edit too, I can see the big difference! You've managed to bring out more details in her eyes.

Thanks. :)

Back