Yes
As the title says.
My first attempt at portrait...gosh its hard :shake:
Just a proud dad showing off really but C & C would be welcome
2771007747_4a54eb8e1f_o.jpg

Dave

Good effort - great idea.

Improvement tips,
separate your models (D&G) from backdrop - appreciate you might have been restricted for room.
Use the rule of thirds, re-compose to put your daughter on a vertical third, her eyes would be naturally on a horizontal third and your grand daughter on the other horiz third.
You have tried to get your grand daughter sharp and daughter slightly OOF, nearly worked. The baby is not quite sharp. Not to worry, I know how tough it is to get familly especially little ones, to sit still. Try sharpening the babys eyes Post capture, amazing what a difference it can make.

Last edited:
Good effort - great idea.

Improvement tips,
separate your models (D&G) from backdrop - appreciate you might have been restricted for room.
Use the rule of thirds, re-compose to put your daughter on a vertical third, her eyes would be naturally on a horizontal third and your grand daughter on the other horiz third.
You have tried to get your grand daughter sharp and daughter slightly OOF, nearly worked. The baby is not quite sharp. Not to worry, I know how tough it is to get familly especially little ones, to sit still.

tell me about it....about half an hour wriggling around :LOL:
thanks for the tips, much appreciated. yes room was about 6ft as the rest of the tribe was here

Your daughter is a lovely looking woman and I think you should make more of her in the photograph. It may be a mother's instinct to look at her child, but we want to see her as well. I look forward to the next try when you have more room to operate in.

Your daughter is a lovely looking woman and I think you should make more of her in the photograph. It may be a mother's instinct to look at her child, but we want to see her as well. I look forward to the next try when you have more room to operate in.

cheers Russell
the whole thing was spur of the moment. I am planning a "proper" attempt soon.
this place is good for making you stretch your self (y)

if you turn the camera, you will lose a lot of the dead space to the sides :) But you should be a proud dad they are lovely :)

I really like it but................

It looks to me like here eyes are very slightly open. I don't think the are but there is some lights spots you may want to clone out on here eye lids

Back