My daughter in the snow, PP advice needed please.

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, snapped this one today and I'm really taken with it and thinking of trying to get a nice large print made of it, maybe not the greatest shot but I'm biased :D

I'm a real newbie to PP however and would like suggestions on anything I could do to improve the picture first though, the one posted here is how it looks straight from the camera.

Regards
Tommy

Melody.jpg

Thanks for the quick response, your edit looks a lot more vibrant than my original, may I ask how it was done. I have Lightroom2 and CS4 but still finding my way around them atm.

I did a basic sharpen firts, then used the burn at 20% to bring out the vibrant colours

Agree it needs a slight tweak of contrast, but there are three other slight niggles, first I find she is too central, so I would crop a bit to from the left.

Melody.jpg

Second, it's a pity the top of her hat is missing, so you could consider a fairly radical crop?

Melody1.jpg

And third, the BG branches distract a touch, you could try cloning them.

Saying all that, it's still a cracking image :)

Thanks for the efforts guys, I've had a wee fiddle about in CS4 with it but can't seem to get the same nice bright results as you have. Agree about the crop from the left, that does make a big difference. Didn't really have time to compose the shot as me, her and the missus were just out having a bit of fun in the snow and I snapped as she ran past.

Will persever though and have found a boatload of CS4 and Lightroom tutorials so fingers crossed I'll come up with something nice. (y)

Back