my drop photography

You are doing well (y)

I like the black backgrounds, something i am using with most of my shots now

Stan

You are finding as i am its amazing the variety of different shots you can get. I really like the first of the second batch but you need to rotate it 90 degrees

Stan

Lots of good, creative stuff here but your drop and rotate image is fantastic! Easily the standout image from this thread; the simplicity of it makes it striking.

Quality work!

Thank you very much every body. Much appreciated.

Please can you tell me your set up here - with lightin and also how you were doing the drops?

I use the splashart kit bought from Joe Dyer to get these shots. fantastic bit of kit and worth every penny.

http://www.phototrigger.co.uk/

For lighting i use 2 or 3 YN460's placed around the area to light them.

The trickiest part for me is finding a good mixture for drops though. Im still no where near to finding the right mixture yet but il keep trying.

Cheers

These are really great shots. Very nice! I prefer the second set that you have uploaded

These just continue to get better and better!

Drop and rotate is simply excellent

(y)(y)

Thank you both very much.

The drop and rotate shot seems to get the most likes at the minute. Ive been trying a new liquid recently with no luck so not getting any pics up. Hopefully get that sorted soon though.

Great shots, you inspired me to try some more. Like you trying different liquids/drop Heights and different depths of receiving the liquid. I find it makes so much difference, do you find changing those affect your splashes a lot.

Nice shots, what liquids you using? I've used diluted coloured milk, coloured water with a bit of xantham gum (similar to guar gum) and a bit rinse aid. Im also using the phototriggers kit but Im struggling to get anything really special, similar shots to yourself really.

thanks all for the kind comments

Nice shots, what liquids you using? I've used diluted coloured milk, coloured water with a bit of xantham gum (similar to guar gum) and a bit rinse aid. Im also using the phototriggers kit but Im struggling to get anything really special, similar shots to yourself really.

Ive been trying to get a decent consistency using xantham gum too but its quite difficult :bonk: theres so many variables with these kinds of shots and if one is slightly wrong they wont work. very frustrating. Im also using the slashart phototrigger and you can get some really good results with it if you get the mix right.

you can get really good shots using the xantham mix and dropping it into milk. i usually use the full fat milk in the catch tray (drinking glass) and light the drops using flash gels. It gives the drop a strange looking consistency.

weather was too bad for the motorbike last night so dusted off the old camera and got a few shots. Bit rusty so this is the best of a bad bunch......

colour crown by DM51VER, on Flickr

need to get practicing again for the dark, wet nights

Back