my first attempt at a football game

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
ive tooken some photos of some friends playing football etc. but never a proper game. my dad was the linesman and i asked if he could take me along and i would just sit about and take some photos. (some lovely scenery around the gadens surrounding the football pitch.)

it was a rural cup final. no stands etc just people standing about.
it was a very boring overcast day and i just couldnt get any kind of colour or light that i liked so i decided to shoot in black and white. as due to it not being a stadium of any sort it just looked like friends playing football again but shooting in black and white kind of made it look more official.

attack1.jpg

keepersave1.jpg

keeper2.jpg

knees.jpg

ginge1.jpg

The last one in this little lot is clearly better than the rest, only thing I might have done differently would be to crop it a bit tighter on the player.

Can't help wondering if the goalkeeper in piccy #2 is about to knock out the oncoming attacker :LOL:

The last shot is the pick. I would crop from the top and laft though so he is kicking into the shot rather than out, and he would not be so central, very nice though.

Can't help wondering if the goalkeeper in piccy #2 is about to knock out the oncoming attacker :LOL:

ha that was his defender:LOL:
i dont think he recieved a fist to the face but it was a while ago.

Agree with the above that the last one works the best - although the second one (if it could only be a bit tighter) also captures some good action.

I like your reasons for shooting black and white by the way!

Back