My First Ever Show and Tell.

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks.

Have finaly battled with the technology and would have a couple of files in my gallery.

Picture shot handheld using a Canon 55-250IS lens on a 400d.

Please be gentle with me, newbie and very much still learning and playing with kit and areas of photography, some work, some don't.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Your input good or bad will do me good I hope.

I am not worthy of this forum looking at some of the posts that I hover around here normally and hope to aspire to your levels of work one day.

not a bad pic. keep practicing and you will improve.

Thanks Guys

Image not helped by resizing to the silly file size for the forum gallery, or its me operating in PSE? Which is most like it.

Practice, Practica and Practice more is my motto, have now started to get better dof on my images in macro, now need to start using a tripod, slowing down a tad and hope santa is kind at christmas with a real macro lens.
The Mrs. has a Canon 100mm macro and it blows your socks off, just don't get a look in on it as she is always using it at the same time as me.

Is the concept of what I am doing presently getting to the right point, please comment on the image technically so I know what to concentrate upon, Please.

Thanks

Only thing I can see technically wrong with the image is that it's a little soft on my screen.
Can't see the exif data though so don't know what shutter speed etc. you were using. Could be the way it was processed, or just a little shaky at 250mm.
Background blur is good, as is (in my opinion) the composition, so as the others have said - keep practicing, and try and find a good excuse to permanantly "borrow" the wife's lens!!

Just looks a little soft, still a good capture.

Whats the EXIF data? Did you use auto focus?

Yoby, Grahamc and others.

Thanks for the replies, it all helps.

On the data for the shots, not sure how this shows when shrunk to form size using PSE, will have to vome back to you on this.

Being handheld even with an IS lens is not great, it is a bit soft, but light did not help either as shot around midday, and amazingly it was bright!

I will have abattle with the Mrs for her 100mm macro, so hope Santa will be kind at christmas, if we both still have jobs by then of course!!

Once again, thanks for the input, appreciated and yes I will practice, Practice, Practice and then Practice a bit more. Have along way to go looking at what on here, great aspirational stuff chaps and chapesses.

Yoby, Grahamc and others.

Thanks for the replies, it all helps.

On the data for the shots, not sure how this shows when shrunk to form size using PSE, will have to vome back to you on this.

Being handheld even with an IS lens is not great, it is a bit soft, but light did not help either as shot around midday, and amazingly it was bright!

I will have abattle with the Mrs for her 100mm macro, so hope Santa will be kind at christmas, if we both still have jobs by then of course!!

Once again, thanks for the input, appreciated and yes I will practice, Practice, Practice and then Practice a bit more. Have along way to go looking at what on here, great aspirational stuff chaps and chapesses.

There are a couple of techniques to help you with handholding for shots like this, to add just a little bit more stability. Have a look at YouTube ;) No EXIF data on the linked photo.

Back