My first go at water droplets

Name
Scotty
Edit My Images
Yes
So, I read the tutorial on here, and watched a video on strobist.

I set up my bowl of water, a print out of a bright image, my SB900, and a giving set (medical drip) on the dining room table.
I used a plastic pin sat in the water to manually focus the 24-70 @ 70mm

About 50 frames later, I got this

waterdrops31.jpg

C&C welcomed

Nice, love the colours!

Only thing I would say is to lower camera angle to see the drop more

also were did you get the drip lol

For a first attempt and 1 shot out of 50 aint bad going :cool: ... I would say you got a really good shot :clap: It does look a bit noisy though :thinking:

Good work! I am finding these Macro shots so rewarding especially when the weather is so bad that shooting outdoors is a no no!

Love the idea of a really brightly coloured background gives great results.

Cheers for the comments guys.
I am a touch baffled by the noise, it was using a D700, ISO 200, F20 (god knows why) @ 1/250 (or 1/320) for some reason some of the metadta is missing from the jpg.

Plenty of time to practise, just got a 50 1.8, going to visit the shop for some tubes I think

My name is Rob and I have been taken water drops for.... Oh no wrong group!

Welcome to the world of water drops and what a way to start! Super effort. Great idea to think about the background and pre focus!

I noticed you shot in jpg? have you tried shooting RAW, gives you a bit more flexibility, could be where some of the noise has come from? Or have you converted it to jpeg and then it might be the way you have compressed it to go online?

By the time the sun comes out again and you feel you can venture outside you wil have shot 50000 frames and be totally addicted!

Rob :D

Back