robert
Edit My Images
Yes
My first try at an HDR picture. please give C+C still learning
[url=http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=64808

thanks

fam_point-2.jpg

There you go ;)

WOW! If thats your first attempt at HDR you have done really well, as mentioned though if the horizon was sorted it would improve the quality of the picture.

Great job!

Not sure why the hdr treatment was needed. Would have considered other techniques.

The main problem with this image is the squint horizon (which has already been mentioned) and the fact that the top and bottom 25% of the image add little to the scene. I cannot help feeling the real picture was in the centre 3rd of the picture and you would have been better to re-compose.

thanks for the coment
i have made a new crop and hopfully this is a bit better!

fam_point-2-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
In that picture, compared to the first it seems very flat, and there is loads of noise which detracts from the image imo.

The second image doesn't look right at all, it suffers from the obvious tone-mapping graduations, and the sea/sky has lost all it's texture in the noise.

To be perfectly honest I think a single exposure with some tweaking might be more pleasing. There's not enough interest in the sky to make the darkening dramatic...it just looks dull. HDR really works to bring out moody skies :)

Back