My first HDR Scene

JPS

Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I thought it was time that I got onto the HDR bandwagon - ok a few years late but what the heck. Downloaded the trial Photomatix as Pete suggests elsewhere on this forum and had a go at it.

No way as good as the ones that Pete does, but you have to start somewhere don't you? This is the flooding of the River Trent this afternoon by the way.

I will only get better with practice..........

-2And2More_tonemappedcopy.jpg

Excellent shot and well composed(y) Haven't tried HDR yet but keep meaning to have a go;)

Not bad at all.

It does have that glow about it from the processing but I've seen much worse :)

Light on the cooling towers and steam looks good.

I agree, good first attempt (y)
Its not OTT and the cooling towers and steam really stand out.

Not bad at all and hsn't gone to far down the cartoon route that these so often do, I would have liked to see the cooling towers a bit more of centre and possibly on the left of the frame with the steam blowing accross (allthough that depends on whats just out of frame on the left!), If you can keep the HDR subtle then I look forward to seeing more!

From a compositional point of view, the top half works very well, with a gorgeous sky, but my eyes can't get beyond that fence.

Images need a lead in, while the fence is a barrier, not letting you in.

Great first effort with HDR, subtle, not too over done, nice colour,composition is good, although I agree with Les, the fence is like a barrier and does stop the eye leading into your pic

Dave

From a compositional point of view, the top half works very well, with a gorgeous sky, but my eyes can't get beyond that fence.

More or less what I thought. The HDR is good (although there is a little glow on the shed/house on the side, and the tree also.) Good first try! well done!(y)

A good first effort, better than mine. I agree not "over processed" which is an easy mistake to make.

Good to see this old thread being dug up...... some of my more recent attempts at HDR have not been too good. A scene that I think would work well as HDR turns out to be a no-go and so the quest continues to get a decent HDR picture.

Back