my first image post

Edit My Images
Yes
hello to all this is my first post to show you all my garden birds.
i call it the studio (bird friendly) all taken with the 350d +bigma lens .
ill start with the set up in the wet which i think helped. let me wot you think.
greenfinch
greenfinchcopy.jpg

female sparrow
sparrowfemalenewbranchcopy.jpg

pigeon
pigeoninraincopy.jpg

and the last from this series goldfinch
goldfinchnewbranchcopy.jpg

any info on these ill be happy to help
many thanks
jason

Lovely shots :) How the heck do you get the birds to all land on the same branch? You doing CTs trick of superglue on the branch?

Nice!(y)

I like the 1st & 4th the best i think. Good Job.

Lovely shots, and the sharpest Goldfinch shot I think I've seen! (y)

Cracking shots. CT has got some competition.
They are some majorly grumpy looking birds in the 1st 3 :LOL:

Oh my God, How good are those. After seeing those shots, I don't even think I'll attempt to photograph birds in my garden, doesn't help having a cat that chases them away. They're great. What lens have you used?

A first class set Jason ... :clap: ... they are all super shots but the Goldfinch is ace ... (y)

The only thing missing imgo is a touch of decent highlights in the eyes ... :shrug: ... but otherwise a great start to your TPF postings career ... ;)

:p

Mmmmm, nice shots :)

That is an excellent series:)

Just superb...DOF fades a bit early on the goldfinch but other than that all perfect really :D Greenfinch is my fave...looks great in the rain :)

Fantastic pictures! Hopefully the Exif details are still on the shots - for guidance if nothing else. I would love to think that I could get something remotely like that from my 350D

WOW! thank you all very much for looking and the comments on these have made it all worth while. i appreciate it very much if you like them ive got some more in my portfolio and will post later if you like.
again many thanks

ps the lens is the sigma 50-500 aka(bigma) for best performance f8 and i normaly have -1/3 or -2/3 ex comp to give the best resaults.

(y)
all already been said i think mate but ill have to say it aswell

very good first post very good indeed, only problem now is you have set yourself a very high standard to keep to .
but what a standard to keep well done look forward to seeing more from you ...

dave:clap:

Cracking shots. CT has got some competition.
They are some majorly grumpy looking birds in the 1st 3 :LOL:

Have to agree with the above - I have never seen birds look grumpy before :LOL: Excellent shots, all of them, but especially love the Goldfinch :clap:

Superb shots, esp in the rain! (y) Love the grumpy pigeon and the Goldfinch personally, but I'd be very proud of any of them.:clap: :)

[S1]agreed with them above[/S1]

superb stuff

i love grumpy birds ive got some comical male sparrow shots and wet starling
are an eye opener thanks for the comment guys.

jason

all very good,(y)
i like the greenfinch shot best (y)

Ditto to all above :)
These would look great in print inside a good photographic book.

thank you all for the comments on these. had a little time today in the garden but the birds seem to have gone on holiday:wave: .
im going to have to book some holiday my self and get down to the reserve or wildfowl park theres nothing much els.
cheers all
jason

I agree cracking shots.

Back